Chapter Seventeen: When You Wake Up The World Will Come Around

||Allie's POV||

So unsure.

I had no idea where I was or what had happened when I regained consciousness yesterday morning. Since then, the doctors and nurses have been constantly monitoring me to make sure I don't freak out and throw a fit.

I wasn't angry, I was just confused.

I sighed exasperated, "Look, I don't remember what triggered my freak out. I don't remember what happened to land me in here."

I looked pleadingly into the eyes of the head doctor that was currently examining me for any internal bleeding or amnesia from my fall. Apparently I hit my head on a table when I went down.

If only I knew why I went down.

He squinted suspiciously at me, "Okay, Ms. Wentz. I'm sure you just have a slight case of amnesia. My recommendation is to surround yourself with routine so you'll soon recollect what had happened. For now, I'm prescribing you a dosage of pain medication for your head. You were awfully close to having a concussion, young lady. Stay careful."

Halfway through the doctor's diagnosis, Patrick reached over from my left side and grabbed hold to my hand. I tensed my fist when I heard the doctor say something I wasn't expecting.

"I would just like to warn you of how close to hurt you were just a few days ago. Next time you might not be as lucky. Ms. Wentz these friends of yours all care for you deeply. It would be a shame to lose a soul like yours so young." I flinched and furrowed my brows.

"W-What? I don't understand-"

"Cherish the life you've been given. I have been a doctor for a long time. I've seen a lot of patients. And I know depression when I see it. I know pain when I see it." I nodded and gave the doctor a final glance, hopefully getting him to realize that "I'm fine, believe me I'm okay" but I had a feeling he never bought it.

He left the room to Patrick and I sitting in the quiet lull of the running machines. I set my head down on the pillows under me, squeezing my eyes shut to the harsh fluorescent lights. Sighing deeply, I felt 'Trick tug my hand lightly.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered to me.

Heat erupted on my cheeks and I looked at him with one eye still closed, "And you're so biased."

Patrick shook his head almost angrily, "No, I mean it. You're so beautiful. Inside and out. You're perfect. You're so, so perfect."

He leaned in and kissed my cheek, then motioned for me to scoot over so he could lay down with me. I set my head on his chest and his arm wrapped around me tightly as if he was afraid I was going to leave.

"I love you." I whispered into the quiet lull of machines.

Patrick looked down at me and kissed my forehead, "I love you, Allie-Cat."

Before I knew it my head was falling onto his chest and my body fell slack. Sleeping was so easy with 'Trick around, without him I constantly had nightmares.

He scared my bad dreams away.

---------

When I woke up later that day, Pete was in Patrick's place on the side of the bed, and my covers were empty except for me. I yawned and Pete looked up from his phone happily.

"Hey Alls. We can finally take you home, kiddo." His eyebrows wiggled, "You know what that means?"

"Takeout for dinner?" I smiled and relished in the idea of food outside of this hospital room.

Pete nodded and handed me a pile of clothes and my cloth drawstring bag from the apartment. I smiled even wider when I noticed one of Patrick's cardigans mixed in with the pile.