Chapter Twenty: Myth

||Allie's POV||

The limo ride to the house was full of giggles and open bottles of champagne. Pete and the guys all got a start to their future hangovers, even 'Trick offered me a drink to which I declined, wanting to stay sharp for the party.

My stomach twisted with the thought of tonight. I didn't want my life to be controlled by my past experiences and fears but I also didn't want to throw myself into potentially dangerous situations.

Patrick sensed my nervousness as we drove, so he grabbed my hand and squeezed as if to say, "I'm right here. I got you."

He leaned in and whispered softly, "I love you Allie-Cat."

I smiled and turned to him, "I love you 'Trick."

Pete made a gagging noise as our lips connected and I laughed, playfully punching his shoulder, "Oh come on, loverboy. Like you've never wanted to kiss 'Trick."

Pete's eyebrows raised, "I'm not saying no...but no."

I laughed again and adjusted his black tie for him, seeing as he always let it go crooked, "That's better. More professional."

"We all know he isn't," Joe smiled, "but he might as well fake it."

It was Pete's turn to punch Joe in the arm.

Before we knew it we were pulling into the open-gated driveway of one of the grandest houses I'd ever seen.

It was massive, with four white columns that went from the front porch to the roof, where a lovely chandelier provided light for those outside. The front door was rounded and a bright shade of raspberry purple, which was open for the well-dressed people that flooded out the open door and all around the yard.

Patrick squeezed my hand again and smiled at me, "Let's do this."

Crowds of people and what looked to be photographers flocked to the limo when we pulled up, most of the faces I had recognized from past parties for the boys. Tonight was their night.

We got out of the limo one by one, the boys letting me get out last. 'Trick immediately linked our hands together as cameras flashed. My senses were completely overwhelmed as I took in my surroundings as everything flashed white.

I squeezed harder on the hand connected to my own, making Patrick meet my eyes, "You okay?" He mouthed.

I nodded a bit disoriented then leaned in to whisper in his ear, "The flashes are a lot to take in."

He nodded and pursed his lips as he thought, "Just look at me, the flashes aren't as bad if you're looking to the side."

One of the photographers must've shouted something along the lines of "kiss her Patrick!" because before I registered what was happening 'Trick smirked and pulled me into his arms. He pressed my chest to his as he held me up and passionately moved his lips in sync with my own.

Pete made another gagging noise and the crowd laughed, "Make a face, Pete! This picture is gold!"

I was too busy focusing on the love of my life to think of that photographers voice. Why it sounded to achingly familiar, and why it made my heart ache in fear.

--------

About 10 minutes later, and my fear of becoming blind from the flashes, 'Trick and the guys finally moved their way inside the house.