Chapter Twenty Three: Shape of You

||Allie's POV - Two Weeks Later||

When I could finally go home, all of the boys were excited, sick of having to stay in the drab, dull hospital halls. They were getting such huge publicity from AB/AP that only a few of the tabloids cared I was in here, and the ones that actually cared only put out one or two articles regarding my appearance at the release party, then the fact that nobody saw me leave. I was sure that Daren would end up becoming relevant in the tabloids if the police decided to take the matter to court. But until then I didn't have to worry, my secret was still my secret.

My eyelids were still heavy with sleep that morning, and my mind kept wandering as I sat on my bed in the hospital room. Pete and the boys were coming to take me home, and 'Trick even brought me my clothes to change into when we left.

As I stood from my warm bed, I saw 'Trick enter the room cautiously as if to not disturb me if I was still sleeping.

I smiled and he waved happily, "There's my sugar! Are you ready to go?"

I rolled my eyes, making him grin wider than before, "I've been ready for weeks."

He chuckled and handed me my black drawstring bag from behind his back, "Here's your clothes, love."

He kissed my cheek as I strolled to the bathroom but not before taking the bag from 'Tricks outstretched arm, "Thank you."

Before I got into the bathroom I heard him call my name, making me turn, "Yeah?"

"I love you." His smile was blinding.

"And I love you."

The bathroom was small and cramped compared to what one could expect from a Chicago hospital, but I didn't mind, quickly untying my gown, leaving me in nothing but my panties and socks. I winced, my ribs and chest still sensitive from where Daren kicked me, making my breathing a little shallow.

The doctors had put me on bed-rest until my rib cage fully healed, but they never mentioned how much of a bitch it would be to change clothes. I silently questioned whether or not I should ask 'Trick for help, but then backtracked. That would be too weird for him and I didn't want to make things awkward.

I pulled on my jeans, groaning in pain as I bent over, making me bend back up. I sighed and tried again, moving further down, but hissing again.

Just as I was ready to say "fuck it" and go in my bloody hospital gown, I heard a small knock on the bathroom door, "Baby? Are you okay?"

I put my face in my hands as I weighed the options:

1.) I wear my hospital gown out of this damn place

2.) I don't wear anything and go out in the nude

3.) I get over myself and ask Patrick to help, but live with the awkwardness

I made a choice and slowly opened the bathroom door just enough for him to see my face, "I umm..I think I need help."

When 'Trick realized his face heated up and he nodded slowly, "Okay, turn your back so you're more comfortable and I'll come in and help you."

I turned around and shut my eyes tightly as I heard the door slowly open, Patrick's heated body coming up behind me, making my exposed back warm, I heard his low voice come out like a whisper as he grabbed my shirt, "O-Okay I'm going to put your tank top on you now. I um, didn't pack a bra because it seemed like it would hurt you more and I didn't want to hurt you more which is why I'm not putting one on you right now-"

"'Trick." I silenced his nervous rambling, "I'm freezing here."

"Right." I heard him shift so he was standing right behind me, but with a sudden burst of courage I felt the desire to turn around and face him.