07: the aftermath

"WHERE WERE YOU?"

"What do you mean, Camila Amlan Bean? I was there with you the whole time."

"Lies."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Elle..."

"SpinningthebottlewithRoma."

"Roma Vang?"

"How did you even catch that? What the hell?"

"If I can play by ear, I can catch it. And Roma was there? At Koskov's? And you landed on her? And spin the bottle still exists? I haven't played it since middle school."

"No, um, I rigged it."

"Elle."

"It's not like we did anything! Just kind of talked in the room. She was only there for an hour before she ditched."

"And?"

"There's no and."

"And?"

"She invited me to join her and we went bowling with her teammates. At Jesse's."

"And?"

"And I was refilling the fries because I mean, I had a lot at the party and at that point I was kinda buzzed so while I was getting food, she was throwing perfect strikes like the fucking pro athlete she is and then she joined up and the joint was fucking freezing and I left my jacket at Koskov's so she gave me her's because she was all sweaty from the exercise or something and it smelled so good I'm wearing it right now. And we kissed before she left our Uber."

"Oh. Oh."

"Yeah."

"And?"

"Jesus Christ, Camila I haven't even told Jeremy yet. I just got home."

"From?"

"I went back to Koskov's at like three and man, it was weird. Everyone was sitting in his living room and passing the bowl and getting all Plato so I went to his study and pulled out his couch and crashed."

"But tell me about Roma."

"It's weird. I don't remember much but she like, dominates my memory. I don't even remember what color her eyeshadow was."

"She doesn't wear makeup."

"How do you know?"

"You know the two facts one lie thing? She said that as a fact beginning of the year. In stats."

"Oh. Okay. Well but I don't remember the details but it was such a high. I didn't get her number though so I don't know how this jacket will get back to her."

"Ask for it when you do give it back."

"Oh. Makes sense. Okay I'm gonna go nap and then help my mom with her like, taxes or something."

"Bye."

"See you."