47: saying yes

BETWEEN SECOND AND third period, Camila finds Andrew—again. It seems as if second period is personal fitness for him because his hair is curled from his shower.

    "Oh, hey! Did you do the homework?" he asks when he sees her.

    "Do you need to copy off of me or something?" she asks. It's not an unusual request if it's from Jeremy and she's gotten used to helping people out.

    "No, no. Course not. Do you think I don't do homework?" he teases.

    He's wearing a gray sweater with the hood up, his dark hair peeking out from underneath. There's always something so attractive about hoodies, especially if they're on cute boys.

    "Yes," she says.

    "Hm?"

    "Not yes as in I think you don't do homework. Yes as in I'll go to prom with you."

    Andrew's face lights up and an uncontrollable grin breaks across his face. She doesn't know what reaction she's supposed to accept, especially from a proposal as casual as this.

    "Well, I'll see you at prom then. Let me take you on a date before that," he says. "So that we get to know each other a little bit more."

    "You're so thoughtful," Camila says and smiles. Her heart speeds up as she stares into his brown eyes—they're such a pretty almond shade too. "Are you sure you didn't want to go with someone else?"

    "Nah. It's always been you." He winks.

    They walk to their class together and he opens the door for her, towering almost a head above her. He's taller than Jeremy or Laurent, and even Roma. Her friends aren't short either, with her and Elle being the smallest at 5'7".

    Whenever they go out together, people mistake them as a group of models which, to Jeremy's ears, sounds like nothing better.

    Camila's always found her friends pretty and she wonders if she's just used to it or if there's something in the water here. Jeremy's always been cute drummer, Elle the perfect role model—despite Jeremy's description of her, and Roma's on another level. And of course, there's Laurent, who's above-average looks have given him countless opportunities to break hearts.

    Sometimes, she feels like an anomaly whens she's with them. Not that she doesn't fit in but whether she looks like she fits in. Camila's never one for self-doubt or insecurity so it never stays in her mind too long.

    All through third period, Camila daydreams about prom with Andrew and how the night will turn out. It's in a few weeks and Elle's already planning for them.

    Her last prom. Will it turn out okay?