63: punching bag

"JEREMY, HE'S...I DON'T GET HIM."

    "No one does, Cam. Leave it be."

    "A single emoji? A single emoji?"

    "That's just the way he rolls. Don't take it so seriously."

    "He hasn't replied since then. It's been a week Jeremy. Also, I'm so happy we're talking again I missed you so much."

    "Just let him do what he wants. Nothing he does has any pattern or logical thought to it. He does whatever he wants and maybe he was feeling peachy then."

    "I'm not feeling peachy now. I haven't been feeling peachy since that text."

    "You shouldn't have replied."

    "I did. I wish you could've helped me. Jeremy, I really don't get him."

    He sighs.

    "Camila, I love you and all but sometimes you use me like a punching bag."

    "What?"

    "What."

    "No, I don't?"

    "Yes, you do. You do this all the time. You do this because you know Elle won't handle your bullshit and Roma doesn't know how to deal with situations like this because all she knows is Elle and her games. Elle is on another ball game than Laurent."

    "What do you mean, Jer? I don't treat you like a punching bag!"

    "Yes. You do. You call me up at ungodly hours just to complain. And you're never happy with what I say so you're just going to stew in some weird corner and then complain again after you're done stewing."

    "Do I really do that?"

    "Yeah, Cam. I'm fine with it but as a best friend, I gotta keep you in check, you know?"

    "I love you. How's the band?"

    "Fucking great. I'm not doing drugs or anything. Don't worry. Your boy's clean."

    "Shut up. We all know you've done every kind of substance since age eight."

    "Woah. Your Elle's coming out."

    "Go to sleep."

    "The fuck? You're the one who called me up."

    "You're right. Sorry. It's just been busy. You know I care so much about you."

    "I'm sorry too."

    "Jer, please don't. I know you're not though."

    "How dare you. Did you just assume my sincerity? Do you think we could ever collab together? You on that piano and my band."

    "Disparate genres but you've never expressed interest before. What's up?"

    "Nothing..."

    "Alright...I'll let you get your sleep. Love you and thanks!"

    "Whatever."