Chapter 10 - A stressful time with the Nordics

Your sitting on a couch with Tino on your left and Berwald on your right, while Mathias stoked up the fireplace and Lukas was in the kitchen cooking. You heard Emil walk through the door, so you turned around with red puffy checks and raw eyes to see him. He locked eyes with you, his bright eyes darkened and he furiously glanced over at Tino and Berwald searching for an answer.

Emil: walking towards the couch with growing anger
Hvað gerði hann við hana !?! (What did he do to her)

Berwald: locking eyes with Emil
Bröderna var i ett slagsmål . (The brothers were in a fight) Det betonar henne ut för mycket och kunde ha skadat sitt barn . (It was stressing her out too much and could have hurt her child)

You: looking over at Tino
What are they talking about?

Tino: softly smiling
Berwald is just explaining why your here.

You softly nodded your head and stood up, making your way over towards Emil with open arms; he noticed what you were gesturing so he opened up his arms and gave you a hug. You pulled away from the embrace, giving him a small smile and walked over towards the dinning room table where Lukas was placing down a tall stock of butter cakes he had preparing for everyone. Everyone followed you over towards the table, but Emil was behind everyone slowly walking over in slight shock.

Emil: mumbling under his breath
It just keeps on getting bigger... When will it stop hurting her?

You saw that Emil was lost in thought, so you tapped on a spare seat next to you and smiled to persuade him to come join in. Recently Emil has seemed a little different, he has been slowly drifting away from socialising more than usual and seems to be acting more protective towards you; a few months ago before your baby bump became obvious you both went on a walk, he growled at a squirrel that was looking at you. Actually now that you think about, all the Nordics have been acting oddly, but the most disturbing difference is that Mathias is acting less rowdy and talkative; however no other nations have made a note of their peculiar behaviour. You look up at Mathias and saw that he was reading a book, you couldn't tell what it was about because there was only a solid black cover with silver words written in Danish that said 'Forældre 101'. (Parenting 101)

You: suddenly standing up
Okay! What's going on?

Everyone looked at you with confusion, except for Lukas who shoved his folk that was full of butter cake in his mouth.

Mathias: putting down the book and acting calm
Elsker, the book said that sudden movements can be disruptive to the baby.

You: sitting down and pointing at Mathias
See! Why is Mathias suddenly smart!?!

Berwald: looking at you
We are creating a calm environment for you so the baby isn't disturbed. I don't think you want the baby to be born early... Especially not on Danish soil.

You: shocked
Your all acting like this, for the baby?

Lukas: pulling the folk out of his mouth
Did you really think Mathias knew what a book was?

Emil: lightly grinning
I should have tapped it when Lukas was teaching Mathias how to open one.

Mathias: smirking
Yep, I would have loved to have seen that too!

Tino: looking at you
_____? Did you just... Um... (Gesturing to you to look under the table with his eyes)

You looked down and felt an odd wet feeling running down your leg, you jumped up from fright and stumbled back a few steps hitting your back against the wall. A huge gasp escaped through your mouth as you laid on the floor; Mathias, Emil and Berwald ran over to you and picked you up laying you down on the couch. Tino was already on the phone calling an ambulance while Lukas was calling Romano. You were experiencing painful contractions and screamed in pain, make Berwald and Mathias cover their ears, but Emil stayed there kneeling by your side holding your hand, letting you squeeze it as much as you needed. His eyes began to tear up and he continuously mumbled in your ear to stay strong and let him fight the pain for you. Mathias noticed that Emil was acting more emotional than you, so he yanked the young Icelandic away from you and had him stay away, just so you'd wouldn't be worrying over him too.

Emil: running over to Lukas and begging him
Help ____! Use your magic!

Tino: hanging up the phone
We might need to deliver the baby ourselves! They said they might take an hour to get here because of the icy roads! And because ____ is experiencing such strong contractions already, she is in labour!

You: crying in pain
WHAT! I NEED ROMANO!

Mathias: watching his hand go pale
It's okay elsker, your doing a good job. I never knew you had such a strong grip.

You gritted your teeth and squeezed your eyes closed, forgetting your natural breathing pattern from all the screaming you were producing.

Berwald: looking at Lukas
Got anything to help yet?

Lukas swayed his head from side to side and dug his head in closer to his book looking for a pain relieving spell or potion.

You: begging in between contractions
Someone. Just. Kill. Me!

Emil: screaming at Lukas
Faster! She needs help!

Tino: shoving butter cake in Emil's mouth
Calm down please, let him find something to help ____.

Berwald: standing behind Tino
We know you want to save ____ from the pain, but this is nature. Your worried behaviour is only making it more stressful for her.

Emil went silent and walked over to your side, he kneeled down and began to pray; hoping that a miracle would happen. Lukas walked over to your side in his usual monotone expression and began to read a magical temptation in Norwegian from his book, while he waved his other hand over your head. You felt your body going numb and your vision began to blur, a strong fatigue hit you and in the final seconds of continuousness you heard Lukas tell you something.

Lukas: closing his book
This will relieve you of the pain and send you off to sleep, but your body will work as it would if you were still awake, you will be awoken once your child has entered the world.

==================================================================================

E.X.C.I.T.E.M.E.N.T. What's does that spell!?!
I don't know, I've never been a very good speller XD

Thank you for reading!

~BlueTimeFly