Chapter 31 - Suspension? Not until the Frenchman gets a say about it

Orlando sat in a chair along a wall directly facing an office desk, holding an ice pack up to his forehead and a lingering tear that has been hiding in the corner of his right eye for the last ten minutes. Amo and Orlando were taken up to the principal's office once a teacher broke up their fight; amazingly to Orlando's surprise Amo only got suspended for three school days, but sense Orlando threw the first punch he is getting suspended for five school days. Orlando didn't care about what is parents would think about the fight, he was just worried that in the five days he isn't at school Noelia would forget about him and become friends with the troublesome trio; all working together to beat Orlando up. The sound of someone typing on a keyboard filled him with more fear, he didn't want to lose his only friend and he couldn't stand the sound of the haunting typing filling the lifeless room. The office door opened and in walked a man with shoulder length blonde wave hair, slight stubble, dressed in casual business attire and lively blue eyes; he turned his head around to the direction of Orlando with a soft smile, but it vanished as his heart sunk.

Francis: squatting down in front of Orlando
Ma petite (my little) olive, it's true. How did this happen?

Orlando: sniffling
I was only trying to protect her...

Francis: wiping dry blood off Orlando's cheek with his thumb
Votre tel un brave garçon , protéger une dame dans le besoin. (your such a brave boy, protecting a lady in need)

A voice cleared its throat in the room and stole both Orlando and Francis's attention, a tall lady with neatly pulled back hair in a bun and an evil stare looked down on them both.

Principal Bassi: straight posture
Ciao? (Hello)

Francis: standing up straight
Bonjour Madame (hello ma'am), I am Francis Bonnefoy, Orlando's uncle.

Principal Bassi: raising an eyebrow at Francis
I a~see a. Are you a~French a?

Francis: smirking
Oui je suis , voulez-vous que je vous montre pourquoi il est appelé le pays de l'amour ? (Yes I am, do you want me to show you why it's called the country of love) Ohohohoho

Principal Bassi: rolling her eyes
I a~don't a~speak it a~so if a~we a~may continue a~the problem at a~hand a. Why a~couldn't a~Orlando's parents a~be here a?

Francis: smiling
They're at an ultrasound and I was the only person who was free and close enough to come here.

Principal Bassi: crossing her arms
Very well a~Orlando is a~suspended from a~school for a~five days a.

Francis: curious
How many days did the enfant (kid) that did this to Orlando get?

Principal Bassi: frowning at Francis
He a~got a~three days a~because Orlando threw a~the first punch a.

Francis: pointing at Orlando with slight anger
Did he leave with blood and dirt stains over his clothes and body, is his lip bruised? Like Orlando's!

Principal Bassi: huffing
That's a~why he a~got three days a~instead of two a.

Francis: eyeballing the principle
He got an extra day off for making someone bleed, but Orlando only gave him one harmless punch and he can't come to school for a week! J'espère que vous brûlez ! Jouer favoris est un jeu pathétique! (I hope you burn! Playing favourites is a pathetic game!)

Principal Bassi: pointing to the office door
Please leave a~Mr Bonnefoy! I a~will a~see you a~next week a~Orlando.

...

Orlando looked out the car window tracing shapes the sunlight made on the window as it reflected off the glass.

Francis: sighing while focusing on the road
There is more to the fight, était pas là ? (Wasn't there)

Orlando was silent and pretending that he didn't hear Francis, but he just had to tell him; he isn't the kind of person that is able to stay quiet.

Orlando: sighing and looking at Francis
He called me an American dog...

Francis: shocked
Oh...

Orlando: looking back out the window
He also began to make fun of Japan and China...
The fact that i was born in Denmark...
But the worst was that they held Noelia against her will.

Francis didn't know how to react, however this all seemed very familiar; it's like school was its very own little battlefield.

Orlando: tearing up
Why would someone be mean towards Kiku and Yao?
Why does it matter if I wasn't born in Italy?
... Why would someone hurt such a kind person?

Francis: focusing on the road
Jalousie est la source de tous les maux , méfiez-vous le vert yeux monstre. (Jealousy is the source of all evil, beware the green eyed monster)

Orlando cocked his head up and looked over at Francis with confusion.

Francis: smirking
You need to learn français (French) next.

Orlando: cheekily smiling
Oui! (Yes)

Francis: glancing over at Orlando with cheeky smirk
Cheeky cheeky! Okay try this. Votre mère est la plus belle femme que j'ai jamais vu, allez-vous me permettre de « profiter » d'elle une journée? (Your mother is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, will you allow me to 'enjoy' her one day)

Orlando: confused
Ahh... Oui! (Yes)

Francis: foolishly grinning
Voilà ce que je pensais , merci pour l'autorisation . (That's what I thought, thanks for the permission)

Orlando: giggling
Fromage! (Cheese)

Francis: snickering
Oh, mixing up our français (French) vocabulary are we? (Francis lowering his window) okay, copy what I say.

Orlando nodded his head and anxiously waited.

Francis: yelling out the window at the top of his lungs
Fromage et craquelins ! (Cheese and crackers)

Orlando: sticking his head out his window yelling
Fromage et craquelins ! (Cheese and crackers) Oui! (Yes)

The both of them continued to yell out 'cheese and crackers' all the way through the town, receiving odd looks from the people on the street. Francis may not be considered a 'responsible' adult figure to Orlando, but if given a chance this flirtatious French man will surprise you... In more ways than one. Ohohohoho~

==================================================================================

I feel like we always see the 'flirty' side of Francis, so hopefully this chapter is a breath of fresh air.

This may be the last update for about a week because I'm... FINALLY ON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS... for two weeks, but that means only a term of the school year left for me (YUSSS!) Anyway I'm going to another state and won't have most likely any wifi connection sense I'm returning back to the bush to visit family and they have no internet set up. So see ya'll in just over a week!

Thank you for reading!

~BlueTimeFly
(BlueTimeFly is going rural, back to her old home... Which was basically smack bang in the middle of the bush AKA no where important and lacks real roads XD)