Chapter 29 - Emil AKA the third wheel

You and Elizabeta both slaved away in the apple orchard collecting the ripe fruits to use later to make apple cider and dehydrated apple slices; Romano and Feliciano were collecting the grapes for the wine they planned on making soon too. Orlando was the only one not working, but he was spending time with Emil ridding their horses in the paddock; him spending time with his 'big brother' seemed to be more important than collect the produce before winter hits.

Elizabeta: smiling at you
Calm down, don't hurt yourself, we'll be able to get everything collected in time.

You: focusing on the job
Being this early in a pregnancy isn't a handicap.

Elizabeta: picking apples
All I'm asking is that you slow down your pace.

You: stopped picking apples and quickly yelling
SHUT UP! WORK OR LEAVE!

Elizabeta: smirking at you while crossing her arms
Mood swings already?

You stopped yourself before you were about to respond back, but you stopped your quick temper and thought about what she said.

You: mopping your head and picking apples
I guess your a little right, sorry... It just came over me so suddenly.

Elizabeta: teasing you
What was that? Say it again...

You: talking through clenched teeth
I will tie you up to a tree and let Gilbert 'take care' of you, maybe I will even get Vladimir to help Gilbert as well.

Elizabeta's pupils sunk into her shocked green eyes, she turned her head back towards the apple tree she was picking apples from and went back to work without saying a word. You felt a sense of power and with each apple you picked the feeling only grew stronger; you felt like a mighty being that could make Hungary less manly than she already was. Giggles filled the silence in the orchard, but the presents of a third wheel was even stronger than the approaching giggles; you both turned around and your suspicions were correct. Orlando was running up to you while holding the hand of a very cheer Italian girl, however it seemed like a dark cloud was lurking behind them, Emil mopped behind the pair and seemed to be plotting Noelia's fate; his 'little brother' was 'stolen' from him and he was now a third wheel.

You: gesturing to Elizabeta to take a break
Ciao Noelia, quando sei venuto qua? (Hello Noelia, when did you get here)

Noelia: pulling Orlando onto the ground to sit under a apple tree next to you
Mio padre mi ha scaricata pochi minuti fa. (My dad dropped me off a few minutes ago)

You nodded your head and offered the two an apple, then one to Emil who had just reached up to you all; he frowned at Noelia and sat between the two little six year olds, he was determined to keep her away from Orlando. Elizabeta giggled under her breath and you stood there with your hands on you hips playfully shaking your head as you watch Emil wrap is arm around Orlando and glare at Noelia who was growing a little uncomfortable.

Elizabeta: introducing herself to Noelia
I am Elizabeta, one of Orlando's aunties.

Noelia tilted her head in confusion, she did speak or understand any English.

Orlando: translating for her
Questo è Elizabeta e lei è una delle mie zie. (That is Elizabeta and she is one of my aunties)

Noelia: smiling
Sono Noelia, il migliore amico di Orlando! (I am Noelia, Orlando's best friend)

You: translating for Elizabeta
She said her name is Noelia, Orlando's best friend.

Elizabeta: foolishly smiling
Aww, this is his friend you were telling me about, she is adorable.

Emil: growling under his breath
Ég hún ekki er, hún er bróðir stela dýrið sem þarf að útrýma. (I don't she is, she is a brother stealing beast that needs to be eliminated)

You didn't understand what Emil said, but it didn't seem like anyone noticed his comment so you let it slip. Orlando and Noelia jumped back up onto their feet and began running over towards Romano and Feliciano, Emil remained under the tree leaning his back up against the tree's stump with a huff and took a bite from the juicy apple. Elizabeta and you both took notice of Emil's behaviour, you both sat on either side of him and leaned your backs up against the tree as well; you looked into the sky and watched the clouds.

You: sighing
He isn't abandoning you, he is just expanding his social group.

Emil looked down at his legs, letting his white hair flop in front of his face; Emil was depressed and you didn't know what else to say. Elizabeta on the other hand know exactly what to do, she snatched the half eaten apple out of Emil's hand and held it away from him.

Emil: glaring at Elizabeta
Am I not even aloud to finish that apple?

Elizabeta: staring at him bluntly
Ice, life is the original 'female dog' so suck up and take it like a man!

Emil: staring at Elizabeta in Lukas's signature monotone expression
That's what puberty is... Why are you censuring your language?

Elizabeta: tossing Emil's apple over her shoulder
(a) Life is always going to be the original 'female dog', (b) puberty is when your body stabs you in the back and is a total son of a 'female dog' because it comes with the whole deal of life, (c) I have not even the slightest clue why I'm concerning my words when there are no little ears present.

Emil stared at Elizabeta blankly, she was confusing him more than Lukas does on average days; you were busy taking notes from what Elizabeta just told Emil, you planned to use the exact same speech on Orlando when he gets older and has a similar problem. Emil turned his head over to you and searched for some kind of help, his big violet eyes were almost screaming with desperation; you smiled at him and stood up.

You: dusting yourself off
Okay that was a long enough break, back to work, I'm expecting at least another two hundred apples picked by the both of you before the next break.

==================================================================================

Poor Emil, it's never fun being the third wheel, I think we all have been there before; I sure have... Too many times XD

THANKS YOU FOR READING!

~BlueTimeFly