Chapter 19 - The necklace has a deeper meaning

You walked down the staircase into the living room with a confused look on your face and fixed it on the three brothers as that all sat on the couch talking about the damage the earthquake did outside of the town.

Feliciano: noticing your expression
What a~is a~wrong a~Bella?

You: gesturing to Orlando's room
When I tucked Orlando into bed I noticed that he had a necklace with a small silver cross on it. Where did he get it from? I've seen it before...

Feliciano: smiling proudly
It was a~gift a~from a~man a~that Orlando a~saved a!

Romano: confused
What do a~you a~mean a? No one a~was a~in a~serious a~danger from a~the earthquake a.

Seborga: avoiding eye contact
He a~saved a~someone from a~being a~bashed to a~death a...

You and Romano: in unison
What!?!

Feliciano: nodding with grin
It's a~true a! He a~took on a~the man a~signal handed a!

Romano: holding back his anger
He a~fought a~man a!?! What a~were you a~both a~doing a!?!

Feliciano: smiling
We a~were a~talking to a~ragazze (girls) and a~he ran off a.

You: grinding your teeth
You weren't paying attention to him! But listened to your --

Romano: cutting you off
BASTARDOS! Si potrebbe di morire ! (He could of died)

Seborga: admitting it was their fault
Si fratello (brother) we are a~bastardos. But a~Orlando saved a~life a~he is a~incredibly a~selfless a~and a~heroic for a~his age a. Orlando is a~true a~gladiator a!

You looked into Romano's eyes, he enjoyed being called right and he was proud of what Orlando did, but he wanted to kill his brothers for endangering his young son's life; you could tell he didn't know how to react.

You: slightly changing the subject
Was the man's name Giovanni?

Feliciano: tilting his head
Si!

Romano: putting his hand on your shoulder
You a~know a~the man a?

You: sighing
Kinda, he was one of those men I told you about all those years ago of how they tried to take advantage of me when I first came to Italy. I also ran into them about three years ago and saved an America tourist from them, that's how I met Tahlia. (Think) I believe the other man's name was Stefano...

Seborga: thinking
I'm a~guessing that a~it was a~Stefano who a~was a~trying to kill a~Giovanni. They a~both a~called each other a~old friends a.

You: connecting the information
Yes! They both were good friends each time I met them, however Stefano clearly displayed more of a violent personality.

Romano: widening his eyes
Did you a~say a~it was a~small silver cross a!?!

You: nodding your head
Yeah.

Romano bolted into the study and jumped onto the computer, the remaining two brothers and you ran to see what he was so anxious about. As soon as you entered the study Romano slammed his fists against the table and then threw the computer mouse at the screen before storming out. Feliciano ran over to comfort Romano as Seborga approached the computer and viewed its contents, you poked your head over his shoulder and read it as well.

You: tilting your head
So it's like a symbol?

Seborga: scrolling down
Keep a~reading a...

You skimmed though the article and then stopped at a word that you knew meant trouble to Romano.

You: stumbling over your words
M-Mafia? It's a symbol that only members of the Mafia around here have!

Seborga: looking at you
I think a~he a~gave it to a~Orlando to a~keep him a~safe from a~the Mafia.

You: rubbing your eyebrows
Is that why Stefano was trying to kill Giovanni? Was Stefano wearing one?

Seborga: thinking
I didn't a~see a~him a~wearing a~one a.

You: plunking yourself down in an armchair
Orlando is an unofficial member of the Mafia and almost at the age of two! Is this the begging of his terrible twos?

Seborga playfully grinned, but the sound of Feliciano barging in through the front door and into the study killed the slightly humorous moment.

Seborga: looking at Feliciano
What's a~wrong a?

Feliciano: catching his breath
I a~tried to a~stop him a!

You: concerned
What just happened!?!

Feliciano: sitting on the floor and calming down
Romano~drove away a! He a~said he a~needed to a~clear his a~head a!

You: calming down
He is most likely going to Antonio's for the night, let him calm down.

Feliciano: agreeing
Okay a~Bella. Your a~right a!

You: getting up
Okay who wants some more pasta?

Seborga and Feliciano: in unison and running to the kitchen
Me a!

==================================================================================

So I guess I'm make Giovanni a more used character now, LOL I bet the person this character is based off is honoured XD  <--- to make it even sweeter he doesn't even know I'm doing this, you da best Gio!

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for more!

~BlueTimeFly
(Pistachio gelato is boss, it's like green heaven but kinda nutty, like my personality ;D )