chapter 2

If you haven't noticed I kind of love zombies lol-j

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Brooks where is our back up we can't wait any longer," I told him. "You right let go," he said. He took the point and I follow his lead. He had the shotgun while I have my standard issues 9M. We saw people running and other people carrying the wounded. I directed them to the gate and told them help was on the way. I radio for the medic to help the injured. Then a second container blows up. Fuck and I duck for cover. It wasn't close by but still had to take cover in case anything went flying your way. I look over from my cover and saw Brooks helping women to cover. She didn't look so well and I was going to get to her but then a few rows over another bomb went off. This one was big and I felt the explosion even though I was far away from it. I felt the shock wave and drop to my knees to brace for it. I saw brooks do the same thing. This was the largest and I hope it was the last. There was three total and we needed to get the injured out. I wasn't going to wait for backup but I knew I had to. I call out to brooks and ask what to do. I was the rookie and he was in charge. "Go out and help those who aren't badly hurt and call for more back up now!" he yelled at me and I quickly radio for more help and explain the situation. Within minutes there was a helicopter overhead and more uniforms running about. They took the sweet damn time coming I thought.

As more uniform guys come on since I went to go find Brooks and help him find more people that were badly hurt and needed some help moving. I saw an LAPD and a hospital chopper fly back going off in the direction of the hospital. I made it to the triage that was set up by the front gate and started my search for Brooks. A few minutes later I find him with some cuts on his face and arms. "What happen?" I ask him. "I was thrown a bit back when the third bomb went off and hit some wood boxes, I'll be fine," he said with a smirk. Well at least he's not dead or I'll be out of a partner. After he was pitch up when went in scare for more people who survive the explosions and find those who did not. We radio in and told them how many were lost and where to find them. There weren't as many dead as there were alive. A Lot of people made it out but some were severely injured. Today was going to be a long day filling out paperwork and giving statements but for right now I help those who needed it.

A few hours later and then about a dozen or so people left waiting for transport to the local hospitals and the cops searching the shipping yard for any clues. I wanted to stay and help but my body was in need of rest. Brooks and I drove back to headquarters and did our paperwork. It was close to two in the morning when I called it quits and change out of uniform and walked to my car. I got in and drove home. There wasn't much traffic and it was a fast ride home. I shower and ate and went to sleep. I had about four hours before my shift started and I wasn't looking forward to it. I already made some overtime and now I was rethinking my career choice. But I knew in my heart that this is what I live for, that this is who I am and that will never change. I felt sleep pull me under and I let it claim me. I didn't dream of anything and when I awoke my alarm was going off. I got up and got ready for work and drive there. I walked to the second floor and when to the conference room and waited for Brooks and the other officers to come in. soon everyone was here and the meeting was about to began. "ok listen up after yesterday explosions the city was on high alert for any more threats." said our chief. I look over to see Brooks and Josh's partner talking to each other. I look over and saw Josh standing in the back taking everything in. soon the chief stop talking and dismiss us without assignments. I needed to finish the paperwork from yesterday but that would just have to wait. Brooks and I were going to back to the shipper years and help the detectives working the case. It was our job to tell him where the bombs went off and how close we were to them. Brooks and I took the squad car 5478 out and I drove to the shipper yard. We met the detective that was working the case. His name was Mike Kaller. He was wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt. He was an ok looking guy but needed to stop wearing the cheap cologne that I could smell.