Chapter 27

The one who compares me to Alice was slightly jumpy. It seems like he had a nervous tick to him and I didn't question it. I just stare at them until the one in the wheelchair started explaining their situation. "Hey I'm Cassidy and my friends and I ran from USC, that jumpy guy right there is Colby, he has a natural tick to him, this is Lily she pretty good with a bat, the tall person cover in ink is Jana, this is professor Bryson and the last of us is Skyla," she said. She introduces them and now it was our time. "This here is Gabby and Josh and I'm Haley, those two losers are Cameron and Lucas," I spoke. "Well its nice to meet you guys and takes for saving over asses," Cassidy said. Then she seemed to relax a bit when she saw that we were no threat to her or her friends. "Why were you running? No, wait answer this first how did you leave the city?" asked Gabby. I mean it was easy to leave the city but at the same time hard if you are doing it in a group or alone. It was Jana who spoke up with there story.

" So I guess you want to know what happens on day one of hell right, so here it goes," she started."It was like any other bright sunny day when we heard yelling and the gunfire. My first thought was to duck and cover," said Jana. "Yeah I heard the yelling and gunfire from the quad," said Cassidy and Lily agree. "All we could do really was duck and cover and hope for the best or run, I know running for me isn't an option so I stay put and hope for the best," said Cassidy. Jana look at her in gave her a small smile. "

"Yeah! then the people that the cops shot got back up and started making these weird noises and attacking everyone so I ran the hell away," said Colby then he started to chew on his thumbnail. Lily smack his hand away from his mouth and started telling the story again." It was wild and the people that the, I can't believe I'm going to say this, Zombies got to came back after a few of them took several bites out of a person and other that were bitting ran for there lives but I think they turn away, this is so surreal talking about this," she said and I couldn't agree more. this whole thing shouldn't be happening and yet here it is. here we are thrown into some kind of hell that we all wish was a bad dream but it wasn't it was real and it was our reality.

Lily started telling us about how they all meet up and stayed alive for two weeks before moving out of the city. "Yeah I met with Skyla first, she was hiding out in the art department using the paint palette as a knife and almost stabbed me and I almost took her head off with my bat, before I meet her I was at softball practice when we heard the gunfire, it sounded like fireworks, to be honest, but I knew it wasn't I ran from the field with my bat in hand towards to dorms but then I was cut off but those zombies." she said. he was wearing her softball pants but change her clints into covered and wearing a ball cap and dirty tee shirt. "yeah I was so relieved to see another person after just two days of being alone," said Skyla. she was wearing dark blue skinny jeans, boots and a fannel with a white undershirt and her hair was up in a bun. " I was trapped in my office with three students going out some test," said the professor. He was wearing blue jeans and a polo shirt and dad's shoes.

Then Jana spoke, "Yes, it was hell but I find my friend Cassidy here after the shooting stop for a minute and took her to safety, I wouldn't let myself leave her behind no matter what," she said and I saw the love in her eyes for the girl. "Look I am wheelchair-bound and a problem," Cassidy spoke to Jana directly. "Babe no, I love you and I wouldn't leave you no matter what or die trying," she said with a sweet smile on her face and touched hr overs shoulder. Cassidy just shook her head with a small smile and continue telling us their story.

"After that, we were all pretty much alone until we saw Colbey we thought he was dead because he was covered in that black blood and almost hit him when he turned around and we saw the color of his eyes, it was weird looking at him so we ask him to clean up and he did, he told us how he killed all his roommates with his gaming system then the rest goes as followed. We hid and savage when we could but we knew we had to move on when we meet the others and we left. Outside the school was hell, much worst, we couldn't understand why any of this was happening but we didn't want to stay and find out. Every few days we would move to a different place gather things to move out of the city. We didn't want to draw attention to ourselves so we didn't use a car. It was just so much, you know."

I watch all of these kids, hell they weren't kids I was just barely older than them and we fought the same thing and survive. I wanted to help these guys and I will, we still had a room on the farm and we could easily build more shatter when we need to and there were a high school and empty gated community there as well. "Alright we can help you guys out but first, we need to make this area safe and shit," I said to the new group. they all look relieved and they ask what they can do to help us. I told them we needed to blook the windows block the back door and build a fence out in the front and a watcher nest on the roof. we all started working while Josh, Gabby, and myself kept watching. Josh was on the roof with his scoped hunting rifle and Gabby and I was on the ground level watching the premier. this would of taken us days to build and make safe but now it could take day, two max. I was also thrilled because we were going to be helping more people and I felt the need to help these people out. I guess that was the cop in me, like my father, always wanted to help out no matter what. I hope he was proud of what I am doing. not turning away people but helping them instead. I miss them, my family so much, but now I have formed a new one and I would do anything to protect them. with this new power, I can do it.

The sun began to set and the skin was turning into a beautiful orange color. Then it went pink to purple to a navy blue to finally black. It was beautiful. It was like the stars were being painted by hand into the night sky. Each had its own style and worth. I wish I could enjoy it more but we needed to go back inside and get some rest but I did offer to take the first watch. I climb up to the roof and look and watch for anything. My body heat kept me warm against the night breeze and I thought to myself, how did I become like this? Were their others like me? What the fuck am I? But those were questions I had to answer later. I heard yelling in the distance and saw something running our way.

It was a horde and this person was running for his life. then he stops. What I saw I couldn't believe it. he was yelling and his body was ripping itself away form something new. Then it started attacking the dead. Then howl, I felt something in me to howl back in challenge to take it down. I wanted to. My body started to feel hotter and before I knew it I was racing toward it howling my own challenge. we clash. I could vaguely heard my crew yelling at me but I was fighting this thing. I was moving faster than it. it was big and its body was deformed and gross to look at. Whatever this freak was it was going down. I pull out my knife and started to stab it. I was moving fast but it swings its arms wildly. It almost got me a few times. it was started to slow down some more and howl out again. I smile and went for its back. I jumped on it and started stabbing it as fast as I could. then it grabs me by the arm and slows me down on the ground, I groan in pain but round over so it wouldn't hit me with its hands. I got up and went for its back again and stab my knife into the base of the skull and twist. it was howling in pain and I laugh. with more force, I slam my knife deeper into its skull and it fell limp to the ground. I don't know what that was but I won and I felt great.

my body was on fire and I was living for the fight. my movement was fast and my eyesight and hearing improve and I could feel everything around me. I was alive. But I had to shake the feeling away. I went back to them and I saw the look on there face. I knew what I was but the others didn't and yet they didn't back away from me. the got up and finish building so by morning we could go to the farm and hopefully understand what that thing was. then ill send Julies boys back home with the news of the trading post and get it up and running and to warn her about these new zombies freak things.