chapter 7

It was a long night of shift changes and building and boarding up holes and windows. I was tired and only got a few hours of sleep but I needed to go and find my family to make sure they're safe. The last place I knew that they were at was UCLA medical center where my brother works. That alone by car was an hour away from that station but I don't think driving would be the best thing to do now. I did remember Jackie telling me that these things were attracted to sound. S so I geared up started walking to the UCLA Medical Center. The morning sun was just breaking the Horizon over the tall buildings in the morning Breeze was gentle and calm. Nothing really made a sound except for the roaring the fires all around. Every now and then I would hide behind a car for her a noise that didn't sound like it was human or your car would explode. This was going to be a long walk but I just had to see if my family was okay. I knew that my mother and my father were both there because of some crazy person but my mom. But now I'm worried my mom might be one of those things in my father might as well or he could have killed her until my brother around. I just hope that they're ok.

I was getting close to the campus Medical Center when I heard gunfire. I heard you yelling and screaming from across the way and I saw the National Guard mobilizing from my hiding spot behind the car. I didn't see the National Guard the first night that these things that Jackie called Growlers and tickers so maybe they some part of this area a safe zone or quarantine Zone to keep the infection out but then again I could be wrong and they're just out to save themselves. Maybe the would help me out or I would get shot on sight. I couldn't risk it. I was looking for my family and I needed to find them fast so we could all leave this city. I was near the front street when I saw them trying to keep out the infected. They were struggling badly. I just watch. I couldn't get involved in this because there were just too many of the undead hitting them. Soon the roar of a Humvee-pull up and unless its .50 cal machine gun at them and cut them down. I didn't stay and watch the aftermath of that. I needed to keep on my way and see if my parents and brother were all right. I needed to know that they were all good.

Making my way slowly to front street I made it to north pacific ave. they were cars abandoned and someone fire. I was making down the road and in five minutes later I heard growls and clicks of teeth. I went to the closest car and hid. I know that from Jackie the ones that growl are deaf and blind but the ones that clicker their teeth are blind and can heard. I am so glad I was able to talk to Jackie before all this went down. I needed to make my way around them and to be as quiet as possible. I was hiding behind a car that was smoking a bit. I needed to move fast before this car started to burn. Making mine between the different cars on the street. I stopped. I heard the clicking of their teeth. It was so close. Was I going to risk it and look over the hood or just move blindly? I hated being in the dark of any kind of station so I took a peek over the hood. I quickly put my hand over my mouth to contain a scream. A ticker was right there, a few inches from my face. I was looking it directly in the eyes. I didn't see me but I can sure as hell see it.

I slowly lower myself from looking over the hood. My hand still covering my mouth. I needed this thing to get away from me. I took a deep breath and release it through my nose. I needed to stay calm and think. From what Jackie has told me these things are blind but have super hearing. So I need to make noise. I search the area for a rock or something to throw so it can lure the ticker away from me. I find a small toy car. Damn, I thought to myself. I couldn't let my thoughts linger on this toy so I throw it as far as I could. It hit a car about six feet away from me and the ticker went after it like a crack using itching for a needle. I move as fast as I could away from it and continue north on Pacific Ave towards S Centinela Ave. I was passing by when I heard a crying. I just sigh and told myself to keep moving. That I couldn't be sidetracked when my family needs me. But I couldn't. I had to find where the crying was coming from and I had to help them. Whoever it was. I was making my way towards the sound when I heard growling. I needed to move fast so I can save whoever it was that was crying. I look over from behind the car I was hiding behind and I saw one flower stalking around the area.