chapter 3

After learning what happened in New York City, Brooks and I started our day just any other day. We didn't talk unless we needed to talk about that was related to work. It was like that for the rest of the week. We never find who was responsible for the attacks at the shipping yard and the case was transferred to the FBI. I saw Josh every now and then but work kept us so busy that every night this week I barely got any sleep, but I didn't let that stop me. But then after the eventful week, things started to slow down. Everything was pacing itself out and I started to get back into the groove of things that is until Brooks ask me to get drinks from after work. I mean this is the first time he spoke to me and I thought to myself why not. This was a good opportunity to get to know the guy who was teaching me the ins and outs of being a cop. This was also the perfect moment to invite Josh out and get to know him better and ask Jake to come along to if he was busy with my brother.

At the end of the workday, I changed out of my uniform and went outside to my car. Brooks told me the bar address and I punch it into my phone because I didn't know where it was. Ten minutes later I was outside Jewels. It was an ok looking place and I walked inside. I wasn't sure about hanging out with Brooks until someone called out my name. I look over to where it came from and saw Josh walking my way. "Sup dude," I said. "Ready to go in and get some drinks," he said with a smile. "Sure" and I walked in the bar. I look for Brooks and saw him with Jake talking at a table near the pool tables. We walk over and said hi to them. "Finally, you came," said Brooks. I just nodded and order a beer. I only had one beer because I was driving home and I didn't even finish it. I'm not much of a drinker so I stop about halfway through it. Jake was tipsy and Josh wanted to play a game and Brooks was gone. Brooks was drunk. It was a good thing that we had no Saturday shift or he would be hung over. I didn't want to deal with his drunk ass or him driving the streets of our city like this. So after a quick game of pool with Josh, I went over to Brooks.

I held my hand out and said: "give me your keys your drunk" I told him. He just mumbles and looks at me. I wasn't going to repeat myself so I took his keys from him. "Hey," he said in a sad attempt at getting his keys back. I walk away from the table and watch as he stumbled from his seat. I walk over the bartender and told him that the guy I was with was drunk and handed him his keys. I was going leaving the bar and made it outside. It was dark out and I was walking to my car when I felt something behind me. I turn around and find Brooks standing there. "Can I help you?" I said in an annoyed tone. "Yes you can actually" he slurred and that's when I felt his rough lips on mine. I reacted to this and push him away. "What the fuck Brooks," I said as anger radiated from my voice. "Come on you know you want this" he slurred again and push his body onto mine. I push him and then punched him in the face. I wasn't haven't this tonight and I sure as hell wasn't haven't it when him. "Fuck off Brooks go home now," I said and get into my car.

I drove away mad as all hell but calm down as I got closer to home. I was nearing my house when I got a call from my father. "Hey, dad what's up," I ask. "Oh nothing just wanted to let you know that your mother fell but she is ok she at the hospital now and no don't come it's fine your brother took care of her but then some sicko started running around attacking people and took a bit out of her mom but she's fine. She has to stay overnight because of the bit but other than that she's fine" said my father. "I'm coming over now," I said and then I heard her say no that all was fine. How can everything be fine when someone is attacking people in the hospital? I need to go see them but my dad didn't tell me the which hospital there were at. Fuck. all I could do was call again but he didn't answer. I call Greg but no answer as well. I guess when some crazy person running around the place could create a problem. I just hope they were ok. After getting out of today's clothes and showering I was finally able to relax, and I decided to turn on the t.v to catch some late night news.

Breaking news- reports of people attacking people in locals hospitals has double, leaving some dead. I quickly got up but I couldn't do anything about it. I was off duty and there were officers already on the scene so what can I do. I guess I might get a call tomorrow to work or I may not. All I could do was wait and wish that my family were alright and hope that no one else tries to harm them. I decided to go to bed because I didn't want to be brighter with the world anymore at this time. I just hope that my parents and brother were ok and that everything will calm down.