Chapter 30

After a long day outside working and planning on what to build in order to protect our home. I finally collapse into my bed. It has been a few days since I actually slept or shower for that matter. I get up and head downstairs to the makeshift showers and clean myself with the cold water. It felt refreshing to feel the waterfall onto to me. After my small shower, I went back upstairs to my room and went to sleep. I dreamt of nothing really. I saw my brother and his lover than in an instant they were taking from me. I saw my father give his life for me and how I killed my zombie mother. But I also dreamt of the good times we had before all of this started.

I may have slept for a few hours before I felt hot breath and a wet tongue on my face. I groan and rolled over but I felt fur and paws push into my body. I opened my eyes to fons Artemis looking down at me with a ball in her mouth. Well, I haven't played with her in a while and I think Casy might be up to be with me. I got out of bed with Artemis following closely behind. I pet her soft-furred head and her tail wags like crazy. I smile at her and she ran out the front door. I followed her and sat down on the steps and she drops the ball in front of me. I took it and throw it about ten feet away from me and she chases after it. She would bounce when the ball bounce and try to get it. She wasn't all too good at fetching. I laugh ay my clumsy dog. She brought it back to me and I throw it again, watching her run after the ball was relaxing in the even sun.

After a while, she dropped the ball and laid by my feet. Casey came outside with Carmen and I smile at the both of them. I put my arm over Casey as she snuggled closer to me and held on to Carmen. I didn't say anything. I just held the both of them. my two favorite girls, the two girls I save from death. It was nice slowing down. It was moments like this where you needed to by surrounded by people who matter to you. And mostly everyone here matters to me. My godparents, Gabby, Josh and his sister and these two girls right here with our dog. I never thought I would lose my family so young but in the end of it, I find a new one. I saved my new one. I know I save a lot of people but that's just who I am. I thought about that until I saw Gabby walking towards us. I smile at her and she smiled back.

She sat to my left and lean into me. she took my hand and brought it up to her lips and kissed it. I kissed her forehead and took her scent in. She smelt like dirt and wood. Those were now my two favorite smells on her. She laughs at me when I remember she was bitten too and that she has some of the same abilities as I do. I lean down and kissed her soft lips. I heard Casey saying ew and stuck my tongue out at her and she laughs. Carmen was reaching for me so I took her and she throws up on me. I mean I have been covered in blood and other bail but this takes the case. I have never had a child throw up on me or anyone for that fact. "Carmen why?" I ask her and she just smiles at me. I couldn't stay mad at this little cutie. I got up and took off my shirt and just stayed in a sports bra.

The girls and I just stay talking and relaxing until I heard a scream. I told Casey to take Carmen inside and Artemis started growling. Jane throw me a shotgun and I took off the front gate. With my speed and strength, I reach the sounds in no time. I saw a boy being chased by a freak. Fuck I thought this was way to close for comfort and I went after it. The boy was grab by the leg and throw into a car. I didn't pay him any mind. I pump my shotgun and aim for the shoulder and neck area. With the spare of the shells, it would head the head as well. Shot after shot it didn't slow down. When I had no more rounds I ditch the gun and took out my knife. It was an eight-inch knife with a jagged edge. It swings its arms at me and I dodge every attempt to grab me. Like hell I was going to be slam into something. The first time hurt like hell and I didn't want to go into a second round with a car.

Each time it came at me I was stab and slash at it. It howls and roars at me but I kept its attention on me and the boy. He was still. I think that throw to the car killed him. I felt sorry for the kid but shit happens and right now I had to kill this thing before it kills any more people. It moves to grab me with both hands and I slipped into its ground and started stabbing it in the neck and chest. It back away from me and went crazy. But I was faster than it. My body was on fire. Hotter than the first time I went into zombie mode. I change at me and I sidestepped it and climb on it back. I was stabbing it harder and faster than before and it tries to grab me but couldn't reach me. I howl in pain and I didn't stop until it stops. I was covered in this black blood. Then I was tackled to the ground. I recognize it was the boy who was killed by this thing. He had a bite mark on his arm.

He turns and now he was trying to kill me but jokes on it I've already been bitting and nothing can help me. I plugged my knife deep into its ear and it went limp. I got up and wipe the blood from my face. This stuff gets into every crack you can think of. Gabby and some of the other run out to check on me and they all saw the aftermath of what I've done. They also saw something else that I didn't want them to see just yet. They saw the bite mark on my shoulder. It was too late they saw it and Jane aims her weapon at me. Gabby stood in front of them. "Yes those are teeth marks on her shoulder but they are weeks old, look they are pink and heal," she said. Then came walked up to me took out her knife and I let her drag it against my skin to show them that my blood was red and not black. I could see the fear in their eyes but Jane lower her gun.

I smile at her and Casey came running towards me. She didn't care that I was cover in black blood and she held onto me. She smiles at me and didn't care that I was a freak. I just knew that this little girl loved me and I love her. She took me by the hand and we walked back to the house. "Shower time mom your stink," she laughs at me and I rolled my eyes at her. I didn't bother undressing and let the water run over me. today could have gone better but I was happy.