chapter 6

I left the small room where Brady's body laid. I never thought in my life I would kill a kid but then again it wasn't a kid anymore. It was something out of fiction and it was unreal. This wasn't some comics book or movie. I took a kid's life for fuck's sake! I left the alleyway and out onto the blacken street of ash and smoke. The fires were still burning bright and hot. Why weren't they out yet? What was taking the fire department so long and that's when I heard a violent scream. I took off towards the sound and that's when I saw a girl ripped out a man's throat with her teeth. Her face was covered in that blackening blood. It wasn't like she was eating him but mostly just biting him to infect him.

Well, it looks to be like that thing was only biting him to infect him but maybe this is just how it is. Damn it I didn't know anything about these things! I needed to talk Jackie again because she has been through this a lot longer. But how would I be able to contact her again? This was beginning to be too much for me to handle. I just wanted to wake up from this nightmare to me extremely loud beeping alarm in bed at home but I knew that this was my reality now. That my reality literally changed in a few hours. That the city I was sworn to protect from any threat is now basically eating itself alive. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to do this and for what purpose. All I knew was that I got to get the captain and tell her what I know and forget about the kid lying on a table wrapped up in my shirt in the alleyway storeroom who was no longer a kid anymore but one of those things that Jackie described to me as a growl. I need an escape but I was trained to function under enormous pressure but maybe this was a little bit too much for me.

And you need to wake my way to police headquarters without any take me hours so I started the long walk back to headquarters. The sun was slowly Rising now and as the sun touches down on me it exposed the Smokin ass that was on my skin and clothes. The fires were still waiting on those two buildings where the explosion happen and there are still people litter the streets with their blood missing limbs. What others just simply lost their bodies but then those bodies came back to life. Very animated not because of something that happened in nature but because of someone's selfish unknown reasons killed a lot of people. This makes me think of the LA shipping yard bombings and what that purpose was that was only two-three days ago and now a lot of those people will never know their address until someone put them out of their misery.

Even though the sun was slowly Rising the day started to get hotter and hotter and as I walked on period even though I was only in a T-shirt in my uniform regulation shoes my skin wasn't protected from the Blazing Los Angeles Sun. I was about an hour until walking when I heard some strange noises. It sounded like a dog growling at me but it was too low and quiet to be a dog. I walked around the corner and I found where the noise was coming from. It was coming from a uniformed officer of the Los Angeles Police Department. Throat was ripped out and his wound was looking up Black-ish blood so is his ears and eyes. I stood still in shock looking at the site before me. Hearing this man was wiring All Uniform sworn to protect our beautiful city but now he's dead and gone and something else to his place. I just couldn't believe four or five days this all happened. It only felt like a few hours ago I was with Josh and his kid Sister fixing up his brand new 2016 Range Rover.

This was Unreal. I feel like I was thrown into a fictional movie but instead of being one of the characters I was the narrator. I truly don't believe that the reality of the situation is fully sinking in but all I know is that I have to keep moving on pushing forward to find a solution and to protect more people. But I couldn't do that right now at this moment because a uniformed officer with his throat ripped out staring off into the distance growling. It looked as if he couldn't see or hear but I wouldn't take a chance with anything. I took out my baton and slowly made my way up to him. I was behind him and about the same height as him and I struck him in the back of the head. I used all my strength and not hit and he fell to the ground unmoving.

I couldn't stop and think, I needed to keep moving forward and understand what the fuck is happening. But I already know what's happening and I can't believe it. I am not in some movie or book! This is my life! This is real life and nothing like this is suppose to happen in real life.i just wanted to wake up from this nightmare! But I was feeling everything that was happening around me. I felt the sun hitting my skin and heard the sound of my shoes hitting the sidewalk as I walk. I heard the sounds of screaming and gunfire could be heard from all around. So I knew this wasn't a dream but I wish it was. I wanted to wake up someplace else. I wanted to wake up anyway but here in a different life or time but I knew I couldn't. Thinking like this made me think of Jackie and how she was trapped in hell. I'ms sure she thought the same thing but grown used to it. To fight and to live. I wasn't sure what the whole story for her was but I hope it was a good one. I wanted to hear it one day. But if her fate was sealed with walls being built I can imagine that was happening now. The government sending the order and the army building a wall.

I was going to be trapped in hell with flesh-eating monsters with no control over it. But part of me didn't want to believe me. I was getting closer to where the police headquarters was. I just wanted to get the day over with but I couldn't. I went running towards the building. I round the corner and I find the building. It looked like hell. Some parts of it was a fire and some windows were broken but I still saw people coming in and out. As I was getting closer I stop when an officer shot at me. "Whoa relax dude I'm not one of them and I can prove it," I said with my hands up. How ironic I thought to myself. Here I am an officer of the law with my hand ups while some rookie cop just like me searches he's my body for any bite marks. "See told you I'm not one of them," I said and started to walk inside. "Wait no one allows in under captain's orders," he said. "Well, I got shit to tell her," I said and continue to walk to the building. I hear him shouting to not go but I didn't listen. The captain knew I was coming so it wouldn't be a problem. I made my way inside and it was just as bad as the outside. There were bodies on the floor and injured all over. I kept it moving until I was stopped by some officers. I didn't have time for this. "Stop and don't move," one of them said drawing his weapon. "Look I'm here to see Captain Kinser she knows I'm coming to see her sp move," I said to him. "Like hell, we will," he said. I just sigh and started to make my way around them when the guy on my right trying to hit me in the face. I quickly side stepped him and backed away. This was starting to piss me off.

"That's enough" someone yelled. I look up and saw the captain there. "These two ass hats got in my way," I told her. "Well now that you're here let's talk about what you know," she told me. I nodded my head and walked past these three asses. "Alright captain this it was I know." and I told her about speaking to Jackie and how everything she told me was true and how I put down a kid and an officer who was bitten in the face and how I saw other people attack people. "Well I Need you to connect this Jackie person again and ask her for all the details," she told me. "Well I would love to but I don't think I can." and I told her there could be a signal blocking her or something from our end. She cried and told me to rest up. But I couldn't. I needed to find my brother and family. I would stay the night and gear up for tomorrow. I told her, thank you. This was going to be a long day ahead of me. After the captain told everyone what I told her I explain what needed to be done to put them down and what to called them. We built up the defense around the place and wore protective gear but I wasn't going to stay. Soon the day was drawing to a close and I was going to need all the rest I could get. I just hope my family was all good and safe. I went to sleep with nothing and everything on my mind.