Charlena (Charles Beckendorf X Silena Beauregard)

Suggested by MeridaHaddock2

Picture by Jackie-lyns on Tumblr!

Alright, here's a pretty safe chapter for me: a ship that everyone loves, that I also love! And not less than anyone else! Good for me!

Hell, I think I love this ship MORE than everybody else. 

Something told me to read the Demigod Files before The Last Olympian, and thank God I did, because it helped me get the most attached I could to Silena and Charles right before they died, so I was twice as attached to them as when I read the book, as well as their relationship. 

Honestly, what makes Silena and Charles so heartbreaking is that they start off as the pretty cliche endgame couple, Silena being the out-of-everyone's-league beauty with undeniable grace and glee, and Charles being the typically likable and confident jock who turns into a bumbling idiot around her. This is a very typical couple that always ends in happiness.

But then it doesn't.

Instead, Charles dies, never even knowing about just how brave Silena was (or her hidden alliance with Luke), and Silena joins the war disguised as Clarisse to clear her name before she's also taken by the cruel hands of death. There's something so tragic yet so beautiful about them: how they suffer so much but death ends up bringing them back together. It's so dark yet so lovely. 

There's also how Charles inspires Silena to be more than just a daughter of Aphrodite, and brings out the best in her despite the fact that he already sees her as perfect. And really, they're just  a couple that's just as fluffy as angsty, and I really love couples like that. They don't just make you cry or smile; they make you cry AND smile, and show what is amazing about love and what is terrible about it. 

I honestly think I might love this about as much as I love Frazel. They're both two ships that just go together perfectly, you just feel that oozing chemistry and connection. If there is any complaint I can have about this ship is that I wanted so much more of it.

Rating: 9/10