Drewlypso (Drew Tanaka X Calypso)

Suggested by bookhunter394

I'm surprised I found no art for this one, considering that the tag was actually full of stuff. Though, then again, I'm still surprised this is even a thing. Though not really, I know that people really want Calypso in particular to be a lesbian...for anyone. It's second to Lesbian Reyna for Tumblr's favorite headcanon. 

When it comes to Drewlypso, I feel like the only thing I can like about it is just..the aesthetic. They're two gorgeous, feminine girls, and gorgeous femme lesbian ships are always good for the eyes. You do have a daughter of Aphrodite with the girl that's been most heartbroken in the series, that's also a bonus point, I suppose. But I really don't see how you could make Drewlypso work if we're going to apply Drew's canon personality, at least a little. One of my biggest problems with Caleo is that Calypso was paired up with a guy who's known for being pretty insensitive (and before y'all Leo fans go wild, relax, I know it's not on purpose), and honestly?? I think that Calypso should be with someone empathetic, like Percy or Piper. Definitely not someone like Drew. 

I'm pretty sure that Drew's arrogance would put Calypso off almost immediately, and if we're going to apply her personality in HOH and later on, Calypso could show how aggravated she is real quick. I think there's a possibility for them to be attracted to each other in a physical, shallow sense (because you know, both are impossibly pretty), but once Calypso sees how Drew is like personality-wise, I think she'd be put off by her. 

So no, I don't see how a ship between these two could work. They'd look really nice together, but that's all I can compliment the ship for, and to me, that's definitely not enough. 

Rating: 3.5/10