Pertavian (Percy Jackson X Octavian)

Suggested by celestial_mae

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that Octavian ships tend to piss me off in various degrees and not in the same way, I probably would have done the same with the other Hazel ships and the God ships, and just say upfront that I just cannot like Octavian with anyone in a single chapter. But eh, I decided not to, because I'd soon have to take that back (considering that Octkahale isn't bad), and with Pertavian here? I don't like it, but at least I can sort of understand it's appeal.

Honestly, if Octavian wasn't such an asshole and a control freak, I could maybe see some appeal in Percy falling for him, but also putting him in his place. I think Percy has too much of a sense of justice to fall for someone like Octavian, but I could totally see Pertavian working as a crack ship. With Percy sassing Octavian left and right and Octavian being angrily attracted. Or Percy and Octavian having this ridiculous rivalry because Percy keeps taking Octavian's stuffed animals so that he doesn't kill them..and it somehow having sexual tension. As a joke, this ship could be hilarious. 

But as a joke ship. Because I can't see these two being shipped seriously. I already can't see Percy falling for Octavian, but assuming that he did, this ship could turn unhealthy very fast. Percabeth's side of Annabeth being frustrated by Percy and vice versa was always the least appealing side of the ship, but with Pertavian, I think that would be ALL there is to a relationship between them. What can start as something funny and entertaining could turn toxic and miserable real quick. 

I'm gonna give this ship two scores, because I think that it has potential in one area, but has none of it in another. So this ship is a bit of a special case. 

Rating as a joke ship: 6.5/10

Rating as an actual Ship: 3/10