Reynico (Reyna X Nico Di Angelo)

Suggested by RemusLupin1234

Picture by Modern-Elsa on DeviantART

Wow. No. No no no no no. No. Nope.

Look at this homophobic shit. 

Ya see, here's the issue with Reynico. Reynico was shipped after Blood of Olympus came out. The shippers do not have the same excuse as the Thalico shippers have, which is that they shipped this on the PJO days where Nico was not said to be gay yet. But Reynico was shipped in Blood of Olympus days when Nico was already confirmed to be gay the book prior. Y'all have no excuse.

Reynico is nothing out of this world. There are so so SO many straight ships like it, that are canon, or that are with people that are not canonly gay, that you can go nuts for. Why would you take the one gay character in a series with a bunch of straights, and dismiss his sexuality to ship him with someone he was clearly only meant to have a strong friendship with? Nothing about Reynico is not homophobic. It is dismissing important representation for a group of people that are constantly being disrespected for the sake of a bland straight ship. 

It doesn't matter if being homophobic is not your intention, it is still invalidating and stepping over a gay character's personality, and invalidating important representation. 

Reyna and Nico are friends. Reyna sees him as a little brother. It was never, ever, EVER meant to be anything else. Ever. Because Nico is gay. Also because their friendship is fine just the way it is. Also because NICO IS GAY. 

The shippers better have fucking died by now, because they're sickening and embarrassing.

Rating: -10/10 (and I'm being generous)

On a less hateful note, leave any ship you think I've missed whenever you want! (And don't worry I've already been requested Fierrochase like three times, I just haven't read Hammer of Thor yet).