Valdangelo (Leo Valdez X Nico Di Angelo)

Picture by Cazuuki on DeviantART

I wanna apologize to MessyTheAuthor a million times for forgetting about your request, I didn't write it down in my phone and I just forgot completely. 

Now this ship is one I REALLY don't like. I mean, it's pairing my favorite character from the series (Nico) with my least favorite character from the series (Leo), so that should be enough to settle why I don't like it at all. Still, I think I should mention other things that annoy me about it. 

Honestly, you can't prove to me that this ship exists for any other reason that's not either because these two were once the most popular characters in the fandom (and might still be), or that it's just to fit a yaoi stereotype. I mean, let's be real, people have been shipping the grumpy angsty boy and the seemingly happy little shit since the beginning of time, and they STILL ship it. Heck, Voltron's current OTP, Klance, is this exact same stereotype.  (Don't say Percico is like Klance because I will hit you with a sign that says 'YOU'RE WRONG!!') Because there is NO way anyone can think these two are compatible as characters because they are not. 

Leo has commented twice, maybe more, that he thinks that Nico is creepy and weird. Nico would probably get annoyed at his jokes and overall attitude, and I've even heard on Tumblr that Nico flat out hates him in The Hidden Oracle. So it has been established in canon itself that they are clearly incompatible with one another. Nico would never want to be with someone who can't appreciate his darkness, and, well, Leo can't appreciate his darkness. 

They're so different and it doesn't help the relationship but rather strains it. Opposites attract only works if both parties can coexist and understand their differences without giving up something about them, or if they have SOMETHING in common. Leo is too insensitive and not really understanding, which would not do Nico any good in a relationship.  Leo's obnoxiousness would be SO hard to stomach to Nico. Hell, Rick Riordan made Percy do a complete 180 and characterized him in BOO as annoying and immature only so that Nico could drop the 'You're not my type' line and act like he gave a good reason to pair up Solangelo and drop Percico like a hot potato. 

I guess if there's anything the ship has is that it has the whole 'two lonely people who find love together' thing, which let's be real, we all find that romantic. (Why else do you think Don't Stop Believing by Journey is such a classic?). But honestly, being with someone you can't connect with will STILL make you feel lonely, and that's exactly what I think would happen with these two. 

Rating: 3/10