Chapter 13

"Mackenzie what happened this time?"My dad asked taking my coffee from me.
"Coffee spilled and got all over my shoes. Give me my coffee!"
"Well ok!" He handed me my coffee as I sat back down. We were working for awhile and uncovering information little by little. At the end of the day we went to the hotel and the little ones were getting slap happy since they didn't want to miss anything.
     We got in the hotel room and Krista went right to bed, mommy was happy! I sat down on the bed and my head started bobbing."You should go to bed."Spencer said sitting down next to me.
"Um-well-I was getting there."
"Go. To. Bed!"
"Um-fine."I said not moving.
"You're not moving."
"I'm debating myself if I should get up or not."
"Well you need to, you're at the end of the bed, your goal is the other end."
"Fine I'll go! Can we cuddle?"
"You've never asked before."
"I know, there's a first for everything. I'm going to the other end." I got up and lied down, so than Spencer. Within minutes I fell asleep.
Hours later I heard sobbing, I shot up and went over to Krista."Baby what's wrong?"
"D-d-d-daddy's d-d-dead!"
"No Honey, he's right there! It was a dream!"
"Well t-that wasn't n-nice!"
"I'm so sorry Honey! Do you want to come sleep with us?" She shook her head and I picked her up and we went over to the other bed. Spencer woke up when Krista went in between us."What's wrong?"He said rubbing his eyes.
"She had a nightmare."
"A nightmare is a dream with a vivid and disturbing plot that most often wakes the dreamer from their sleep."He said yawning.
"We all get them, we all live them at some point, and we all overcome them!"
"That sounds like a Stephen King quote."
"It's not. Let's go to sleep, we have a boring day tomorrow!"
"Yup, I love you guys!"
"Love you too."He kissed me and we both kissed Krista's forehead, and went to sleep.
    We got to work and I felt like I was hit by a truck, not good! I was sitting with my dad and I was slowly falling out off my seat."Mackenzie you're falling out of your chair! I think you should go back to the hotel."
"I'm fine, I can do what I need to do to get this guy."
"Alright, tell me if you need to leave!"
"Will do. You know-wait that doesn't make sense!" I picked the bank records and held it next to her personal records."She got a plane ticket to Savannah, Georgia and she lived in Phoenix, Arizona. She didn't have any family there!"
"It could be that she was just going there?"JJ said taking a look at the files.
"No, she had only two purchase there, white roses, and red paint!"
"And there was a white rose at the crime scene with red paint around her. I wonder if the unsub is trying to replicate the scene in-"
"Alice in Wonderland! And since the roses were painted red, the unsub is the queen of hearts!"
"The next victim might be headless, since she would yell-"
"Off with your head! That was my favorite part-heh I would run around yelling it."
"You would say off with your head?"
"I was a weird child!"
"What changed?" My eyes widened and I really didn't have an answer for that. We looked at everything and seemed to tie into Alice in Wonderland.
    We were leaving and Krista skipped up to me with a paper in her hand."Mommy, Mister wanted you to have this!" She handed me the paper and went over to Rossi and hugged him. I saw a butterfly on the back of the envelope. I opened it and it read, "You must be MAD, so HEAD over here and don't run LATE. Your Tedious GRIN is still known, but WHOO R you really?" I saw that and I panicked a bit, I didn't know what exactly to do. I went over to the rest of the team as they were grabbing all their stuff. I felt pale, and I felt sick to my stomach."What's wrong?" Spencer said walking over to me.
"Um-I just got this note and I don't feel so good!"
"What does it say?" I handed him the note and he read it out loud."Why is mad, head, late, grin, and whoo r capitalized?"JJ asked skimming the note.
"I'm not quite sure."
"How'd he know you were here?"
"I don't know. The thing that really scares me is, Krista had the note!"Krista ran up to me and sat on my lap."Krista, when you got the note did someone walk up to you?"
"Ya, he said 'Krista give this to your mom.' And than he left!"
"Thank you sweetheart! Can you spend the day with grandpa?"
"Yay! I love grandpa!"
"Heh heh me too! Love you, I'll see you tonight!"
"Love you to momma!" I smiled and my dad picked her up and they left. I had a few tears flow down my cheeks.
I decided to call Garcia and check if she had anything, and tell her what's happened so far since the last time we all talked. She said that there is a Disney role play group in Arizona and they just recently took a trip to Savannah. Of course the group was private and there was no information except the name of the group leader, which she did a background check and looked deeper into this group. I told everyone what she said and we realized, they won't just let FBI agents in! Someone might need to go there and 'be part of the group'."As much as I want to see someone go do this, I'm not sure if it would be safe!"Hotch said trying not to smile, but he actually failed!
"Hotch since when was our job safe? We might need to do this in order to get this guy!"
"You're right, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with one of you go out and become a target!"
"We're targeted all the time!"
"You're right once again, but-no!"
"Let me do it than!"
"Why do you want this to happen so bad?"
"I made a promise TWICE!"
"Promise?"
"Krista, and the victims boyfriend. Krista and I were talking and said that I should get this bad guy, he was hurting her family. For the boyfriend he got really angry and started yelling at me, I told him we'll get this guy and he automatically calmed down."
"I want to do this but I'm not sure! Let me think-excuse me!"
"Hmhm." I crossed my arms and Tara walked over to me. She rubbed my back and walked away, I'm not sure if I like her or not yet. I didn't know exactly what to do at that point, so I went to the lead officer on the case. I saw him and almost fainted. I went back to the room and I pulled Hotch and Spencer off to the side."What's wrong? You look startled!"
"Is-is that the-ah-is that the lead o-officer?"
"Yes, why is something wrong?"
"(So he was a cop?)"
"Mackenzie what's going on?"
"T-that's the-the-the man that shot me!"
"Oh my gosh-are you sure?"
"I can't forget that face! Hotch that's him!"
"Ok, we normally aren't allowed to do this but I'm not letting him get away with this!"
"Can I come in with you?"
"No, you're going to be to emotional!"
"Fine, but I'll be watching!"
"That's ok, do you want Spencer or Rossi in there?"
"Nope, you go with JJ! I need her to snap with him!"
"Great, and I'll be the one calm her down." I looked at Spencer and hugged him, this is one of those days that I haven't had in a LONG time! I guess since John, and now I'm stalked and I'm seeing my shooter since the shooting. This is to much on a person at once!