Chapter 27

We were on plane and two of Gibbs agents sat in front of Spencer and I. We were all talking and Penelope came up on the screen."Hello, I am here to bring weird news!" She said whipping her pen around angrily.
"First, don't whip that pen like that! Two, what do you mean by 'weird'?" Morgan said.
"Well, they found another body!"
"Where?"
"In front of the NCIS building, Abby found it after getting lunch!"
"Are you kidding me?"
"This one has been dead for awhile now! Almost a full decomposed body."
"This unsub is patient, he's going to be in his early 40's for this. He's bold, he put bodies in front of agents houses, and now a federal building!"
"That's why I missed your beauty!"
"You too Baby Girl, we'll talk later."
"Most definitely, bye FBIS!" (FBI+NCIS) I looked at Spencer and then at Bishop. Bishop and McGee were both confused about a lot of things right now. I could tell."When we say unsub we mean unknown subject of an investigation. Morgan has been off for a long time now, he just came back for this case, and he always had this relationship with Penelope where they had nicknames for each other!" I said with Spence almost always trying to interrupt but I hushed him each time.
"Well I'm guessing you two are married?" McGee said pointing at us.
"What gave it away?" I said in a sarcastic tone.
"A lot of things. When you get to know Gibbs, you recognize if there's another wife once he steps in front of you!"
"I've actually met him before-oh and we know what you mean! We have my dad, three times!"
"Small world I guess!"
"Not really, there's 7.4 billion people in the world. If you try and find that one person, it's going to be nearly impossible!"
"Umm, ok?"
"Spencer! This isn't allowed! I'm not supposed to sound like you!" The four of us laughed. We got notified that we were going to be landing soon so we buckled up!
When we got to the NCIS building, the director was waiting to talk to Emily . I went up a computer."Wait!" I heard someone behind me as I was sitting down at the desk.
"Yes?" I asked.
"That's Gibbs' computer. No one uses his computer!" McGee said while I sat down.
"He likes me, I'll be fine."
"I've been working here longer than anyone else here, he's still doesn't like me. Who said he likes you?" Just than he walks in.
"I did!" Gibbs said coming up behind me. I smiled and was about to sign in when Gibbs reached over and logged in."This is my desk."
"Well clearly, I don't remember working here!"
"Your FBI login won't get you access to the TV, trust me I've made sure."
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"Nothing to special."
"Is there a room we should set up in?"
"You're in it!"
"If you say so." I looked at the rest of the team setting their stuff down and put stuff on the magnetic board, they set up for us. I looked back at the computer screen to see Penelope." Hi?" I said very confused.
"Shh, I don't want to make this conversation about work. I want to talk to you."
"Penelope, you know-"
"How's Lucas and Krista? Do I need to go be with them?" I turned the screen to the TV, there she was on both screens."Well, I feel like I should go."
"You didn't want to talk to us?" My dad said.
"I want to yell, I'm trying to get my mind off this but that's pretty hard!"
"The case? Garcia, remember that we're all ok!"
"I know but-" she was cut off but a loud ear piercing screech. I looked and saw a lady in a lab coat, probably the Abby they were all talking about."IS THAT PENELOPE GARCIA?!?" She yelled.
"Abby!" Penelope suddenly snapped out of her mood she was just in.
"I like your haircut, it really screams....you!"
"Listen here, you take care of my family!"
"No problem, I see new people."
"Which ones?" She pointed to me and the newbies.
"Those, can I trust them?"
"Some." She said. I think she was pointing that to Luke.
"Great, we're going through the same thing-I think?" It was clear Abby was talking to Toraes. I saw my phone vibrating on the desk, it was an unknown number. "Hello, this is agent Mackenzie Reid?"
"Ring ring!"
"Sir, you don't have to say that. Who are you?"
"You know what drives me up the walls?"
"Force-well according to my husband you are defining the law of gravity!"
"No, Jesus!"
*Ends call*
Everyone looked at me strange, as I start laughing."Are you ok?" Toraes asked.
"I'm not quite sure, that-that was a strange call!"
"What kind of strange?"
"All of them basically!"
"Wow, that says something." I rolled my eyes and went back to work-my bad, I TRIED! Abby stood there staring at me."Who are you, and why did you say that your last name is Reid?" I laughed and pulled my identification."REID! YOU'RE MARRIED?" She yelled while turning around, I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.
"Ya."
"Don't say it like that, I bet you guys are going to have lovely children," I pulled out my phone and pulled up a picture of Krista and Lucas. I poked her and she look back at me. She looked at the picture."YOU DO?" I nodded."The little one-well littlest one, looks to be a newborn."
"He is," Spence said.
"Is it the case?"
"Everyone had to be here, even Mackenzie."
"I guess I should tell you what I found so you guys can get back to your family!" I started paying attention now, I knew that I'm not even close to be able to be here. I started getting a headache since I'm really not supposed to be doing this much in one day."I found crafting sand on all of the bodies. It's like they were put there as artwork."
"They want to show off their work. In today's society, they could be seen as someone who wants to fit in. It's like the status quo of today." Emily said.
"Possible. Speaking of status quo, you need to go see Ducky."
"Spence you can go with someone." He nodded and Gibbs nodded to him. When they left I got another call.
"Hello, this is agent Mackenzie Reid." I said.
"Hey, I have a question." It was Savannah.
"What is it?"
"Does Krista have an allergy?"
"I'm not sure. I'm going to go downstairs to check with Spence, why?"
"I'll wait a moment."
"Ok!" I nudged Bishop, since I don't know where I'm really going, I just knew to go down. We went downstairs and Spencer noticed, I waved him to come here."He's here, and you're going on speaker." He looked at me confused.
"Does Krista have an allergy?" He looked at me weird, so he was thinking trying to recall.
"No, at least that I'm aware of." He said.
"Well, I think so." She said surely.
"Can you video chat us?"
"Of course I can FaceTime you!"
"Ya, that." Next thing I know Krista appeared on the screen taking a deep breath. "What did she eat?"
"I gave her an almond joy, she said she never had one."
"We don't eat much coconut in our house."
"It may be that she's allergic to the coconut. I might want to take her to her pediatric care doctor."
"Ok." She smiled and fell down. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand."Call 911."
Savannah looked into her throat, and her tonsils were swollen. As she was doing this Bishop was dialing 911.
"Stay calm, tell them she's with her babysitter right now!" Savannah nodded. I was on the verge of crying, but I wanted to keep my composure till I know she's ok. I couldn't take it and went upstairs to talk to the team.
When I got there I couldn't hold it in, I had a tear run down my cheek."We realized that-are you ok?" Morgan said trying tell me that they found something.
"Krista's on her way to the hospital."
"What happened?"
"Savannah said that she's allergic to coconut, he had hives and her tonsils were swelling. After we were done talking to her, she smiled and-and fell to the ground."
"Do you think she'll be ok?"
"Ya, I'm going to call Garcia to meet them at the hospital."
"Go ahead, stay in sight, we think he's targeting our team again."
"I'll be over there." I pointed to the corner of the room where no one was, but still in sight. He nodded and I headed over to the corner. I was about to slide down the wall when someone grabbed me and pulled me up."You only do that when you're getting depressed." I saw Spencer say to me.
"It's not that, I'm beyond worried!" I said.
"I am too. Since we can't be there, we can do our job, so that our family is safe."
"I know, my baby fell to the ground."
"She scared me too, I understand."
"You know my mom was allergic to coconut. I had it once and hated it, I never had it again."
"What would happen when she had an allergic reaction?"
"She would get a rash, and would have acid reflex, to the point she could hardly breath."
"Is it possible that she got it from her?"
"I guess. I've got to call Garcia, Savannah's going to need help at the hospital."
"Ok."
"Stay?" We sat on the ground and I called her. It was easier to talk since Spence was right there with me.