Chapter 16

We got out of the car and I had my and gun key in hand. I unlocked the door and I saw the kitchen light on, and knew something wasn't right. We went in the kitchen and saw a woman getting water."FBI, turn around with your hands up!"
"Do you really want me to do that?" She said in an angry tone putting both hands on the counter.
"I just said so, so turn around with your hands up!" I said annoyed.
"Fine!" She turned around and I was shocked to see Miranda.
"What are YOU doing in MY house?"
"You should be asking,'why didn't they tell me that my moms murderer is out of jail' !"
"Oh, I know!"
"Why?"
"When you were getting transferred you escaped!"
"No, I escaped jail!"
"Well don't get to comfortable here!"
"Why shouldn't I?"
"The team and SWAT are almost here!" She dropped a glass and put her hands up laughing.
"If they're coming than where is your kids?"
"Eh Morgan's babysitting service is always open!"
"I thought she was with Mr. Rossi!"
"You know my tricks all to well huh?"
"I've been watching you the past month, I think I know them all!"
"This past month I've noticed someone so I've been holding back!"
"Spencer are you just going to stand there all day pointing your gun at me?" He looked like he was going to explode but was biting his lip. I realized he was pointing his toe to a drawer next to Miranda. That drawer had an extra gun, and her hand was right above that drawer. I signaled him to calm down, for the first time he ignored me. I heard the door open and within seconds I saw Hotch and Tara coming our way. Miranda quickly went in the drawer and pulled the gun out. Hotch fired.""I guess it's a bad time to ask for sugar!" Tara said with a smile.
"No, it's just there was a crazy person in my house!" Spencer said putting his weapon away and kicking the gun away from the corpse. I looked at him and hugged him, she would've hurt my family if we didn't have a case! I also have Hotch and Tara a hug, I'm so glad that they came!"So who told you that you should stop by?"I said.
"Rossi, he said that you were going to do this, he was worried about you guys!" Hotch said.
"Of course he did! Do you want to stay for the clean up party?"
"I need to check on Jack, he's been a bit sick the past few days!"
"Tara?"
"Oh no! It's your house, I don't want to obtrude!" She said shaking her head.
"We need the help!"
"I guess but we should give a call to get rid of the body!"
"Right!"I took out my phone and made that call. Spencer went around the house checking the rooms to make sure she didn't do anything. He came back in and motioned to me to come look at something. We got into Krista's room, there was a stuffed animal sitting in her bed. I walked over and picked it up, and kept thinking why this is happening to me, it seemed like I was cursed or something. I took it, ripped it up, and threw it away. I'm not letting a psychopath give my daughter a present!
     I felt like I was a horrible person cleaning blood off my floor, but it has to happen before Krista comes home."KRISTA!" I screamed.
"What about her?" Spencer said standing up.
"I think we should stay with my dad for a bit!"
"Why is that?"
"I want to be sure she'll be safe-I just don't know, I just have the feeling this-I don't know how to explain it!"
"It's fine. Tara, thank you!" She smiled and was about to say something but didn't. She gave me a hug and left."Spencer, where's the dog?"
"I haven't seen him." I walked past him and saw him sitting at the back door waiting to come in. I let him in and he lies down next to me. I put food in his bowl and he wouldn't move."Hey you need to eat!"
"Mackenzie when trained police dogs lie down like that, that means they found something."
"Right, I knew that! Could it be in the basement?"
"It's possible!"
"I love you, you're so cute!" He smiled and we went downstairs, nothing. I was so confused. Was there a dead body in my basement? We got down there and no body to be seen, nothing, it was just as we had it."Hey Spencer can you go up there and stomp right next to where Gray is lying?"
"Sure, but why?"
"So I can see what boxes are beneath him."
"That make sense!"
"Stop!"
"What?"
"Stop being your smart/cute ways!"
"Are you telling me to change who I am?"
"Ha ha-never! Just right now while I'm trying to be serious!" I said jokingly to serious.
"Ok." He went upstairs and I waited to hear him. He started stomping and I found the pile of boxes."Ok, thank you!" He came down and we went through all the boxes, nothing. We went upstairs to find he was lying on something."Gray, what do you have there?" He started growling at me and I heard little whimpers."IS MY LITTLE GRAY A DADDY?!?" I have him the command to sit up and sure enough it was a little puppy."Ah Spencer, it-puppy-you see it- PUPPY!"
"Yes-yes I see it! Are you ok? You're a bit red!" I calmed down and picked it up, Gray didn't like that. Spencer grabbed his leash and we went to our neighbors house and knocked on the door."Hi, Mrs. Payton!"
"Hi, how are you guys doing?"
"Good! Do you know if your dog had puppies?"
"Yes actually! I still don't know who fathered them!"
"That would be Gray! We got home and he had one of the puppies!"
"That would make a lot of sense. Do you want to see the others?"
"Aww, how many?"
"A lot, my little mamma had 6."
"Well I got lucky number 6!"
"Great, well come on in!" We went in and took Gray off his leash, he ran straight to the mom and his little puppies."Spencer look how cute this is!"
"Ya, I see it."
"You don't seem to happy."
"Well, puppies are-how do I say this kindly?"
"How rude! It's just like having a baby, but smaller, and grow faster!" He gave me the 'that's enough' look and I laughed."Mrs. Payton, when the puppies are old enough can we have one?"
"Well of course! I can't take care of all of them, most of them might need to be sold."
"Than we'll take two!"
"Great, only on one condition!"
"Of course!"
"I name one, and dog sit for you while you are gone!"
"Deal, but I think we'll just give one of them to our friend Morgan! He will just love a puppy!"
"All this time I though Morgan was a woman!"
"Nope, his looks really deceive you!"
"Really?"
"Yup, we'll have you over one day for dinner I guess!"
"Why thank you, my husband likes meeting new people, mostly the weird ones!"
"We're some of them!"
"That's for sure!" I laughed and put my head on Spencer's shoulder, at this point it was getting really late so we went home. When we went to bed Gray for the first time came up with us and cuddled with me!