three ≫ arkadia

"Nobody talks about it

"Nobody talks about it. We learn not to ask questions. Look, without the treatments, we'd die. What are we supposed to do?"

The five of us looked through the shutters with dropped jaws. Maya's words were ringing through my mind as I saw the many outsiders that were trapped in cages, seeming weak and defeated as they awaited their imminent deaths.

Maya was showing me a way that I could escape, which apparently was probably the way that Clarke escaped recently. Jasper managed to convince her yesterday, and now here we were. She was explaining how security had drastically increased ever since Clarke had escaped, and this was the only place that didn't have any security because the end result lead to somewhere dangerous, and possibly life-threatening. You would presume that would deter me, but no. I needed to leave here, whether it put my life in danger or not.

"I know outsiders are dangerous and all, but this is just ridiculous," I said, my eyes still watching the poor outsiders before me. Even though I was afraid of them, this was unfair. They were humans at the end of the day, and to use them to keep yourself alive was pretty selfish.

"We need to move fast if we're to help you out, Y/N," Maya pushed, already walking towards the door that lead to the harvesting chamber.

I nodded and the others paused, glancing at each other before embracing me in a tight hug. I returned the gesture, knowing I would miss them, despite not knowing them for long. They knew more about me than anyone else did over here, so I would definitely miss them.

"You guys need to make sure to stay out of trouble," I told them once we pulled away. I looked between them all, a serious look on my face. "No messing around, okay?"

They nodded, smiling sadly. I hoped that they would figure everything out regarding Clarke and what she escaped from. I prayed that they would be safe. They just had to.

"When you find out who you are, don't forget about us, okay?" Miller chuckled, nudging my shoulder slightly.

I smiled with amusement. "I don't think I could forget you even if I tried to."

They chuckled slightly before a small silence took over. I glanced down at the ground nervously, afraid to leave but knowing I had to. I felt comfortable which was good, but who knew what I would encounter? I was wearing the clothes I found with my file, and in my backpack was my file itself along with the mobile phone. If this was how they found me, then I should leave with it too. It felt right. It felt like me.

I felt Monty squeezing my shoulder and motioning for me to go with Maya. I smiled their way once more before following the dark-haired girl through the doorway. As soon as we entered the room, I was feeling nervous because of how sinister the place looked. White electric lights hung about, but not many, and the room had a sickly blue glow to it. Lined on the sides were cages full of outsiders, and in the centre was an outsider hung upside down, tubes coming from his skin. I was too scared to see if he was dead or not.