ten » tondc

The crunch of leaves beneath my feet and the sound of horses hooves pattering on the ground filled my ears

The crunch of leaves beneath my feet and the sound of horses hooves pattering on the ground filled my ears. The air was cool, but from all the walking that had been done, I still felt a thin layer of my sweat on my skin.

It had only been half an hour of everybody walking to Tondc. Everybody meaning myself, Clarke, Raven, Bellamy, Octavia, Abby and Kane. The Commander and her minions, who I now knew by the names of Indra and Gustus, were riding horses. There were others, too, but they were more of a mini army than the Commander's personal bodyguards. They were 'kind' enough to pull a cart along with them, though, so Raven could sit on it because of her leg injury. Octavia's boyfriend, Lincoln was here, too, but I was sure to avoid him at all costs. Just like the others, he would keep staring at me.

The walk was practically silent, but the stares that the grounders were sending me were deafening enough. I was offered a ride on the Commander's horse, but I ignored her which should have given her the hint. I knew I was hurting her feelings (if she even had any), but I didn't care. Whatever we once had didn't matter anymore. Whatever feelings she had, and possibly still has for me, must end. I would never feel the same, and I could guarantee that even if I remembered her, I wouldn't feel the same.

I licked my lips and sucked up a breath, allowing my walking pace to slow down a little. I was trying to fall out of step with the Commander so she could focus on leading us to her camp, rather than focusing on me. Ignoring her penetrating eyes, I trained my own eyes ahead and pretended she wasn't there. Soon enough, I was trailing behind her and almost in step with Bellamy.

I had a good view of Raven, and glanced at her to see if she was okay. Clarke was walking right behind the cart she was on, and they seemed deep in conversation which was good. I was glad to see them getting along. Probably because Finn wasn't here. He had to stay back at camp to help guard it (though I kind of think Raven and Clarke preferred him not to go).

"How are you doing, Y/N?"

I looked up and saw Bellamy walking beside me now. His gun was in hand and he seemed on edge, evidently not trusting the grounders that were leading us to God knew where. Despite the rough start we had, I felt as if I had earned his trust, and that was good enough for me.

"Okay, I think," I answered honestly, sighing afterwards. I glanced up momentarily, looking to the Commander on her horse, hoping she wouldn't see me, but I was immediately met with her forest green eyes. With difficulty, I managed to tear my eyes away and back to the ground.

Noticing the encounter between the Commander and I, Bellamy looked between the two of us with furrowed eyebrows. "What's going on between the two of you? Do you remember her?"

I hadn't told the others what the Commander had said to me. About our supposed past. It felt too personal, and I wasn't sure if they would still class me as their friend if they found out that I was once 'in love' with a grounder. The Commander at that. After storming out on the green-eyed girl earlier on, they seemed to sense my bad mood and so didn't question me, but I guess their curiosity was eating away at them.