fourteen » deka

"So, do I get to leave this tower and see where I'm being held prisoner or

"So, do I get to leave this tower and see where I'm being held prisoner or...?"

"You're not a prisoner here," the Commander stated, her gaze trailing away from mine. She was looking at some papers scattered around her desk. We were in her personal quarters and it did seem quite familiar, but I said nothing.

"Well, can I leave Polis if I please then?" I asked, my arms crossed and my eyebrows raised.

Her elongated silence and dark eyes that soon met mine was self-explanatory. I sighed, motioning to nothing as proof of my thoughts.

"Look, I don't want to argue," I admitted defeatedly, already worn out at the thought of it. I still felt all weird inside from our argument last night, and the things I had discovered had left me with many questions. I didn't really read any more of my journal because I needed a break, but it was still in my mind. "I just want to see Polis. Maybe when I come back we can talk about how to get your people out of Mount Weather."

She pursed her lips. "Very well then. But you can't go alone. Q will accompany you."

I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to argue, but her eyes settled into a glare, automatically silencing me. I bit my tongue as I refrained from arguing and instead nodded reluctantly.

"You may leave now," she concluded, her jaw tensing before she flickered her eyes back to her work.

I chewed on my lower lip as I turned around and left her quarters, only to bump into Q. I stopped myself from groaning as he spoke.

"I heard. I guess I'll be accompanying you through Polis."

"Unfortunately," I mumbled inaudibly, following the large man down the hallway and eventually out of the tower.

I didn't even know what I intended to find when exploring Polis. I just knew that somehow, deep down, it was my home, whether I liked to admit or not. And maybe I would remember something important. (Specifically about the Commander, though I would never truly admit that to myself at the time).

I was walking around, witnessing the everyday lives of the grounders as they traded at their stalls and conversed with one another. It was weird to imagine them all with actual lives when they were supposed to be horrible, savage people. Did I even think that anymore? I wasn't sure. I wasn't remembering anything though, only had this odd sense of "home" inside of me, as if this was where I belonged. Polis.

I felt a sense of deja vu as Q shadowed my every move upon leaving the tower, but neither of us spoke so I thought nothing of it. Didn't mean I didn't mind though. To be fair, I was too busy trying to ignore all of looks and stares I was getting from the residents of Polis. Probably because of my outfit to begin with, which I found in my room. It was from my time, not theirs, so it certainly looked different. Of course, their expressions flickered with recognition, and I didn't want to imagine how I knew them. It would only end in–