four ≫ lies

Nobody moved a muscle

A dark grey box room with few white electric lights lighting it up. A circular meeting table, with Kane, Bellamy, Clarke and myself seated around it. Finn, Murphy and Raven were stood to the side, beside the open metal doors. More guards were there, too, however their attention was directed on the hallway rather than the meeting itself.

Surprisingly, this 'Ark' as they all liked to call it, was relatively large on the inside, with various hallways and key-coded doorways, which I knew would be easy for me to get lost in if I didn't have somebody with me. I tried to keep count of all the halls we had travelled down to get to this room, just in case I needed to escape or something, but I lost count and direction after we rounded at least three corners consecutively.

"So, um, who are we waiting for exactly?" I broke the awkward silence, unsure to why exactly nobody was speaking or making a move to initiate a conversation.

"Abby Griffin," Kane explained, forcing a small smile. "She is the Chancellor."

I nodded, hoping this new woman of authority wasn't as secretive and protective as these all seemed to be, excluding Raven. When I opened my mouth to respond, I was cut off by the sound of someone walking in. I turned my head to the door, only to see a middle-aged brunette, relief etched into her expression. Her eyes glanced around at everyone, settling on me as I saw the confusion appear, before she walked to Clarke. Everybody stood up as she entered, aside from myself who didn't see what the formality was for.

"I'm glad you made it back okay," she said, resting a hand on the blonde's face. Her thumb rubbed gently at her forehead, and judging from the closeness they shared, I guessed that this woman was Clarke's mother.

Clarke gave a small smile before removing her (presumed) mother's hand from her face and glancing at me. "Mum, this is Y/N. She's from Mount Weather."

I stood up as the woman approached me, and felt relief take over as she smiled kindly at me. At least she wasn't intimidating.

"I'm Abby Griffin," she introduced, holding out her hand for me to shake.

"Y/N Y/L/N," I returned, shaking her hand quickly before retracting it. "You're the Chancellor?"

She nodded. "Yes. And you're from Mount Weather." It was more of a statement, and I felt obligated to nod. She seemed deep in thought, before she looked around to everyone, then back at me. "Please, take a seat."

I sucked up a small breath before returning to my seat, as did the others. Abby took a seat in the empty chair, then she looked around at everyone, including the ones stood up. Her eyes returned to me, and I could tell that, as the others, she was judging my chosen attire.