nineteen » coward

My foot kicked the dirt on the ground as a heavy sigh escaped my lips

My foot kicked the dirt on the ground as a heavy sigh escaped my lips. Boredom struck again as I found myself leaning against a plank, awaiting some clan leaders entrance. Most of the clan leaders, Lexa, Indra and I were in Tondc for this meeting. However, a few grounders were late, so here I was, trying to make time pass faster.

"Y/N!"

I looked up, a puzzled expression on my face as I saw Clarke speed-walking towards me. My eyebrows furrowed together when I saw the blonde. Kane had come in her place at this meeting – she was staying behind with Raven to keep in touch with Bellamy on their radio – so what was she doing here?

"Clarke, what is it?" I asked, standing up straight as she stood before me. She appeared to be jumpy and in a rush. Was something wrong at Arkadia?

"I–" she opened her mouth to speak and I watched her with wide eyes, waiting to hear the bad news. But then she breathed out slowly before saying, "I came to see Lexa about something. Do you know where I can find her? It's urgent."

I nodded, deciding not to question her further. "Yeah, she headed over there." I pointed behind the blue-eyed girl towards Indra and a few other grounders. Lexa was there, though she hadn't noticed Clarke's entrance just yet.

"Thanks!" Clarke got out before turning around suddenly, about to head over to Lexa.

I grabbed her arm and stopped her from going any further. "Is it Raven? Bellamy? Are they okay?" I felt a deep concern, worrying for the Sky People. I hadn't seen Clarke like this in a while. It only meant something wasn't right.

Clarke nodded, avoiding my eyes, and that's how I knew she was lying. "They're fine, Y/N. Don't worry."

She shook my grip off and made her way to Lexa, leaving me alone with an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Yeah, I feel a lot better now," I muttered sarcastically to myself, leaning back against the plank again.

I glanced up, seeing Lexa and Clarke both talking. Clarke was still as urgent as she was with me and Lexa noticed this as she nodded and the two began to walk towards the building that the meeting was to be held in. Lexa looked around before our eyes met momentarily. I could see the concern all the way from where I was standing.

We hadn't talked much since yesterday. I didn't know what to say now that I knew how she was feeling. It was probably the wrong move, but I couldn't take it knowing I wasn't enough for her. And I felt even worse knowing that I was too cowardly to say anything.

Her eyes looked away as the two descended into the building and I released a shaky breath. God, I hoped there was nothing too serious going on.

***

"Hey, Q, have you seen Octavia?"

My guard shrugged as he bit into his chicken leg. "I heard she was with Indra. Don't know where, though."