eight » bunker

Tension was as thick as ever when we returned to camp, without Octavia and Bellamy, might I add

Apparently, this 'Thelonious' guy was the previous chancellor up in the sky, before everything went haywire. Nobody had spoken to him aside from Abby, who was discussing whatever with him inside. Clarke, Finn, Raven and I were just as clueless as every other citizen here. But now, we were all gathered outside, along with everybody else. There was a supposed speech about to happen from the Chancellor, and I was curious as to what would happen next.

A threat like the one we received from this grounder Commander was very serious and couldn't be ignored. If this Commander was as dangerous and fearful as Thelonious made her out to be, then we had to make a plan to either fight back or leave. But where would we go?

I had decided that seeing as I had no idea who I was or where I belonged, my place right now was with my friends. The Sky People. I had to help protect them. I owed it to them all. They had taken me in, helped me and done so much for me. Even Jasper, Monty, Harper and Miller. All of them. They were family right now. I couldn't leave them hanging.

Hushed whispers brought me out of my daydream and I felt Raven nudge my shoulder to get my attention. I glanced at her and she nodded forwards. I looked up and saw Abby and Thelonious stood in the centre, looking between all of our faces.

"By now, you've all heard the rumor," Abby began, pausing as she waited for everybody to quieten down properly, "and unfortunately, it's true. The Grounders are coming."

Raven, Clarke, Finn and I all exchanged weary glances as everybody began to whisper fearfully amongst themselves.

"We have a difficult decision to make," Abby continued, raising her voice to be heard over everybody. "Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us, and we are discussing all options."

"But to be safe, you need to pack. Now," Jaha spoke for the first time, and I was surprised at how much authority this broken man held. I guessed he was the Chancellor for a reason. "Whatever you can carry. We may need to leave at a moment's notice."

"Where will we go?" someone shouted out, his voice skeptical.

"Don't know, is the answer," Jaha answered truthfully, ignoring the look that Abby was burning into the side of his head. "But I heard of a place... a city of light. It's across the Dead Zone."

"What makes you think we'll make it there?" the man shot back immediately, and everybody began to nod and whisper in agreement.

"Because we made it here," Jaha responded confidently. "I have faith. And right now, given the alternative, that's good enough for me."

"What a load of crap," Clarke muttered, and I looked to her in time to see her surge forward and push past some people. "Not for us," she shouted out, her fiery eyes trained on Jaha. "If we leave here, what happens to our people in Mount Weather?"