nine » reunited

"You're telling time that you were frozen in time in 2038, and woke up at the start of this year?"

Raven had asked me that question at least one hundred times since coming back to camp. After having my flashback, I suddenly remembered who I was and where I came from. Though, not fully. Only my life before waking up in this new world. This flashback was different because it helped me to remember other things, like who my family and friends were, where I went to school, what the world looked like before this – everything.

I remembered the cars, the houses, the technology. I remembered my bunker, and I remembered why I had been frozen in time for so long. The only thing that I didn't remember was where I went after I woke up. But I was grateful for even remembering this much, so I wasn't complaining. 

What I was the most curious to figure out was why the Mountain  Men decided to target me as a person to experiment upon. They mustn't have known about my cryopreservation... right?

I explained everything to Raven, who helped me to explain it to Finn. He was amazed, as I was. He wanted to visit my bunker, and I didn't mind him doing so, but not now. It wasn't the right time at all. Not when we were being threatened.

I managed to charge my phone and I also managed to go through it, but it didn't help with much anymore. I knew who I was now. The only thing that was worth questioning were the photos I had with, and of, the mystery green-eyed girl. They were obviously taken in this time era, but who was she? I had no memories of her, but something was telling me that it was personal, so I avoided showing Raven the photos. It felt too intimate to share with her.

"Yes, I'm from the past, Raven," I clarified for the millionth time. "When there were cars and buildings and the internet – the whole lot."

Raven and Finn had questioned me about everything from my past and I had told them it all, to their amazement. I understood that both of them (along with their ancestors) only knew what Earth was like in my time era from artefacts and such, so this was a big deal to them and probably all of the Sky People. 

"So cool," she muttered under her breath.

I refrained from laughing and looked around. We were sat outside, awaiting the others return. Clarke and the others weren't back yet, but I was praying that Lincoln was alright and Clarke could help. She had returned not long ago, to get Abby's help. They had figured out a way to help 'fix' Lincoln, but they needed Abby to help out. Clarke had managed to convince her mother to let her go to visit this 'mystery' Commander and bargain with her that the Sky People could help fix the reapers (which is what Lincoln currently was, thanks to a chemical that he had been injected with from the Mountain Men). If they could cure Lincoln, then the Commander would have to help the Sky People. Or at least, that's what we were all hoping.