epilogue

Three Months Later

Three Months Later...

Somebody was shuffling around next to me and it was really starting to bug me since I was trying to sleep.

Everything went still for a moment and I was grateful, until the bed was moving once again and I felt the blanket shuffling around annoyingly.

"Lex," I whined out, not wanting to open my eyes. I gripped the sheets and pulled them closer to my chest. "Stop it."

I heard Lexa chuckling quietly, obviously trying not to disturb me anymore. I felt her lips press against my forehead as she mumbled an apology, quite adorably might I add.

I smiled to myself as I relaxed into the bed once again and silence was amongst us. However, not long later, I heard shuffling about in the room and it seemed to get more and more annoying as time went on.

"Right, I'm awake," I gave in, rubbing my face with my hand to wake myself up. I sat up in bed and saw that Lexa was pulling on her shoes at the foot of our bed. She was ready for the day and I was confused to say the least. "Where are you going?"

When she finished pulling on her last shoe, she smiled at me lovingly and sat next to me on the bed.

"Sorry for waking you so early, love, but I'm going to attend a meeting with some of the clan leaders," she said, resting her hand on mine.

At the sound of her doing something important, I perked up. "Can I come? Just to sit in?"

Lexa somehow found this amusing. "I don't see why not," she responded with a shrug of her shoulders. "Aren't you tired, though?"

I sighed. "Well, I would prefer to cuddle in bed with you, but I know there's no stopping you going to that meeting. So I may as well come with."

She laughed at me and suddenly got on the bed and laid down in the blankets. "Come on, I have a few minutes."

I couldn't help the smile that plastered on my face as I sunk into the sheets and into her arms. She was warm and smelt like lavender, obviously having used her oils this morning. I only cuddled her further. She wrapped an arm around me as her other arm, or should I say hand, rested on my hand and played with it. It was peaceful. Relaxing.

These past few months with Lexa had been quite a mind mush for me. I was slowly remembering more and more things here and there, and whilst finding these old memories, I was making new ones. I knew enough to know I was madly in love with the girl next to me. And I never wanted to be away from her.