Q&A

Where did you get inspiration for the books?

Frozen in Time was an initial idea I thought up after being reminded of a book I'd read when I was younger: Frozen in Time by Ali Sparkes. That book follows two children who discover an underground vault in their back garden. They find two other children asleep through cryopreservation who were actually from the 1950s and help them to adapt to the 21st century lifestyle, all whilst understanding what exactly happened to them. Technically, the book is for 9+ readers, but it's lighthearted and has a fascinating plot - I'd highly recommend, even now!

Anyway, the idea of someone from our era, like you and me, being in The 100 universe was something I really wanted to see, so I just kind of put two and two together and wrote it! I wanted to see what it would have been like for the oh-so-intimidating Commander to deal with someone who she couldn't entirely understand! I considered for a very long time whether or not to write an oc rather than a 'you' character, but I stuck with the latter as I found it easy to develop the plot and focus on that rather than an oc. I'm also used to writing character x you books, so I wanted to stay in my comfort zone. I do want to focus on creating oc's now, though!

I decided to write the sequel, All Over Again, when I realised how much I (and many of you) wanted to see the Sky People interact with 'you'. I thought to loosely follow the s2 narrative since I'd already established 'your' narrative in the first storyline. I was inspired to write the 'amnesia' story arc for the sequel because I wanted a way for 'you' to build relationships with all three lots of groups: The Mountain Men, The Grounders and The Sky People.

But yeah, this was all inspired by Ali Sparkes!

Will there be a third book to the series?

A question many of you asked!

I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but there won't be a third book to the series. Honestly speaking, I brainstormed a few ideas as to what the third book could have been, most of them were following the ALIE narrative from season 3, but I felt it would be repetitive to the show and I wasn't feeling as inspired. It wouldn't have been original (or as original as I could make it compared to the first book). You guys have made my day, always, when I see your feedback for the first two books, but I don't think I could create a third book. It would feel forced and I just know it wouldn't be as good as I want it to be. I'm very sorry about those who wanted to hear otherwise!

Why did you kill Deka?

This one was asked so many times, and so to be real, I killed her because I was being too safe with my characters! Few characters in the two books were oc's, and I grew attached to them myself! But some of you complained that things were becoming too predictable, so I decided to change things up a little! I tried to do it in a way that would make it contribute to 'your' character development, which I hope I did! I love(d) my lil babe Deka, so I feel your pain guys hsoavaksjhzksbxhdl

What are your thoughts about the books, looking back on them? Any improvements?

These two books are my babies, man, but there are many times I look back on certain aspects of it and cringe from how terrible it is. This whole answer will literally be me self-deprecating, so I'll cut myself short now and save us all time by saying I'm satisfied with the outcome of these books. They aren't a reflection of the best writing I can do, but is anything??

I'm sad to see the books end, but I'm grateful for all of the interest, love, feedback and interaction you guys have offered! We all missed Lexa and it was an honour to be able to bring her back, even for a little longer.

What books have you got planned for the future?

Fret not, darlings! (Or maybe just a little, I'm not quite sure how you'll take what I'm about to say).

As I said earlier, I'm not writing another book for these, however, that doesn't mean I'm not writing anymore books for this fandom! (And other related fandoms...)

I'm currently fleeting between potentially planning a Raven x you book, and actually writing an Alicia Clark x oc fanfic! If I'm being honest, the latter is most likely to continue and eventually be published, as the Raven fic doesn't have much of a basis to it. Maybe when I've got a solid idea and more time to work on it, I will, but since I actually know where I want the Alicia Clark fanfic to go, that's more realistic and easier for me to work on.

NEWS

So, I guess the news is that I'm going to be publishing an Alicia Clark fanfic soon! Before I get into that, can I just say, why is there such a lack of Alicia Clark imagines and fanfics out there?? She's bloody awesome!

Anywho, back to the topic at hand... the fanfic! I'm in the midst of writing a fanfic for my main, and without spoiling too much, I can say that I've finally written an oc!

Hint: the faceclaim is Naomi Scott.

That's all I'm willing to reveal, but hopefully it's enough to interest you all! That's everything, I guess. If you want any more information on anything, message me in private, on my profile or on here! If you want to keep up with info regarding my works, follow me and turn on your notifications so you can be updated through my profile!

Once again, thanks a TON to everyone for everything. It means the world and I love you all so much. May we meet again 💖

 May we meet again 💖