Chapter Three

Jack's POV

It's been about two weeks since I've had Wendy and things have been going great. It's her first day of school and I'm nervous for her. She's going to the preschool down the street from my house so I won't be too far from her incase something bad happens.

"Okay. Remember to be good, be nice. Make sure you try and make some friends, life is boring without them." I said. "Got it!" She yelled, giving me two thumbs up. "Okay. Let's get you to your  classroom." I said.

We walked down a hallway and to her classroom. Her skirt bouncing as she walked, the pony tail that Lisa did was swinging back and forth, the small taps of her brand new Vans as her feet hit the floor, and the white My Chemical Romance shirt tucked in at the front of her skirt. My baby girl is growing up.

"Daddy! This is it!" She exclaimed and tugged on my hand.

We got into the classroom, gave her teacher the classroom supplies, and I helped her hang her bag on her designated hook.

"Okay. Remember what I told you? Be nice and be good for your teacher." I said. "You're not staying?" She asked. "No. I gotta go help uncle Alex and Auntie Lisa with something okay? I'll come back for you and we can go get tacos after school." I said.

"I don't want you to leave." She said and was about to start crying. "I'll be back for you. I promise." I said, kissed her head, and headed towards the door.

I could hear her begging for me to come back, but I couldn't turn around. I walked out of the classroom and exited the school.

I got to my car and drove to Alex's apartment, listening to some of Wendy's favorite songs.

When I got to Alex's place I went up to the door and pulled out his spare key that he gave me. I unlocked his door and went inside.

"What's up fucker!" I yelled, walking up behind Alex who was in the living room. "How'd you get in my house?" He asked. "You gave me a key. That was a bad idea on your part." I said and flopped on the couch next to him.

"How'd it go?" He asked. "I heard her crying when I left the classroom. I think she's just afraid that I won't come back for her like her mom did when she dropped Wendy at my place." I said.

"I'm sure she'll be okay." Alex said. About forty minutes later my phone rang.

"Hello?"
"Mr. Barakat. I'm Miss Jarvis the principal of your daughters school. Would you please come here immediately?"
"Yes ma'am. I'll be there shortly."

I hung up the phone and stood up. "You wanna come to the school with me?" I asked. "Sure." Alex said and we headed to my car.

We got to the school Alex and I walked inside. We went to the office and a secretary pointed Alex and I to the principals office. I saw Wendy in a middle chair and there were two empty ones on both sides of her.

Alex and I sat down and the principal began talking.

"Miss Whittman has caused some trouble today. She was caught pushing another student off the play ground equipment." Miss Jarvis said.

I looked at Wendy and she looked back up at me. She looked scared. "Although we were told that the student she pushed off the equipment was taunting her. What was he saying Wendy?" Miss Jarvis asked. "Wendy's got no mommy, her daddy doesn't love her." She said, her voice quivering.

"Tell the kids parents I'll pay for his medical bill if needed. Was he extremely injured?" I asked. "He hit the metal steps for the monkey bars. That were about one and a half yard away from where the two were standing. He hit his head but all he did was bleed. There were no signs of a concussion." Miss Jarvis said.