Chapter Fourteen

Nothing major my ass.

My baby girl has been in a coma for about two weeks due to severe head trauma.

Turns out that the lady on the phone got my daughter and some other kid mixed up.

I haven't left my girls side for those two weeks. Or I think two weeks, I've lost track now.

The nurses come in every thirty minutes, telling me to go home and shower and change, but it all goes in one ear and out the other.

This has been the hardest thing I've been through.

Alex, Rian, Zack, and everyone else has come by, visited, and left. But not Amy.

Because we broke up while Wendy was in her coma.

My parents, Alex's parents, Rian's parents, and Zack's parents have all come in.

I've been constantly playing her favorite music, I heard that helps wake them up.

It's mostly been from her phone, because it has all of her favorites on one gigantic playlist.

But one day, my entire world was crushed.

I had fallen asleep, when a long, loud beep came through my ears.

Doctors and nurses rushed to my baby's side and pushed me out.

"No! I have to be in there with her! Please!" I screamed, it took two nurses to shut the door and lock it so I wouldn't open it and go stand with Wendy.

I was banging on the door, screaming and yelling for someone to let me into the room.

Just as I calmed down, everyone exited her room and her doctor kneeled down in front of me.

"Mr. Barakat? I'm so sorry to tell you this. But it wasn't the accident that made her pass. She, belive it or not, had a heart attack while in her coma." He said.

I didn't say anything. I just got up, called the guys, and told them that she was gone.

Minutes later, everyone was in the room.

But the guys and I went last to say our goodbyes.

Alex had brought a guitar.

"I was gonna come up earlier and sing for her, something new that I wrote." He said, his voice cracking.

We all sat beside her bed, and sang the one song. That God damn song.

"You are my sunshine.
My only sunshine.
You make me happy.
When skies are grey.
You'll never know dear.
How much I love you.
So please don't take.
My sunshine.
Away."

Zack, Alex, and Rian harmonized, but I couldn't join it.

Sobs just kept leaving my mouth every time I would open it.

And then.

Beeping.