Chapter Thirteen

It's the next day, I'm getting ready for school. I've made dad coffee and gotten clothes out of the dryer and folded them.

Once I finished getting ready with some of my new clothes, I grab dad's keys, make a note on the whiteboard next to the door saying that I left and that the coffee should still be hot. And that if it wasn't, heat it up in the microwave for forty-seven seconds.

I walked out of the door, locked it, and readjusted my backpack.

I got in the car, backed out of the driveway, and headed the Twenty minute drive.

But about ten minutes in.

It wasn't so good.

Just before I turned onto 25th street, which is one of the busier roads, but it's faster, someone swerved into my lane and smashed into the right side, which was mine.

And I don't remember the rest. Because everything went black.

Jacks POV

I woke up to my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I yawned. It's like six in the morning.

"Hi is this Jack Barakat?" A female asked.

"Yeah. Who is this?" I asked.

"This is in regards of your daughter Wendy Ann. She got into a car accident and is in fair condition, she did suffer some head trauma but nothing too serious. She's being taken care of up at Saint Andrew's Hospital." The woman said.

"She took my car this morning, I'll be there as soon as possible." I said and hung up.

I quickly put a shirt and jeans on, and slid on a pair of toms.

I grabbed my phone and ran to Alex's.

I banged on the door until he and Lisa answered the door.

"Jack. It's so early what on earth are you doing?" Alex asked.

"Wendy's hurt, she's up at the hospital so either you give me your keys or you drive. Your choice." I said, but by the time I finished my sentence Lisa was walking up with a jacket for Alex and herself.

"Come on!" Lisa yelled and started running towards the car.

Alex grabbed his keys and I ran out and jumped in the backseat.

Once Alex got in, he flew down the streets of Baltimore until we got to the hospital.

I didn't even wait for Alex to stop the car completely. I just jumped out of the car and ran inside.

I ran to the front desk and asked,"Hi. I'm Jack Barakat, Wendy Barakat's father. What room is she in?"

"She's in room number 967 on the second floor." The woman said.