,Chapter Sixteen

A few days later, Wendy got to come home and her childlike state of mind went away.

"Hey dad?" Wendy asked, coming into my room.

"Hmm?" I hummed back, scrolling through twitter.

"I think I want to start playing piano." She said and sat on my bed.

"Sounds like a good idea, but where the fuck are you gonna get a piano?" I asked.

"I've been saving cans of change and cash for years. Since I was about ten? I don't know. Anywho, I was hoping you'd help me get my change rolled so we can haul it off to the bank and have it cashed in." She said.

"Sure sounds good." I said.

"We may want to do this in the livingroom." She said, got up and left the room.

Okay then. I grabbed my phone and went out to the livingroom.

"Dad! Will you grab like four big Tupperware containers please!" Wendy yelled.

"Sure thing!" I yelled back and went to the kitchen.

I grabbed the four bowls and took them to the livingroom and set them on the coffee table.

Wendy emerged out of her room with two big coffee cans.

"I'm not done." She said and went back.

She brought out four more coffee cans, three Frappuccino bottles, and a large Mason jar to the coffee table.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get wrappers and then we can get started." She said.

She emerged back from her room and had a couple bags with her, and about ten bottles of this Japanese drink that she likes, Ramune.

"Want one?" She asked, holding one out to me.

"Yeah sure, why not." I said and took the bottle.

She chuckled as I tried to twist the bottle open, discarding the plastic green thing.

"Dad. Look." She said and opened hers. She popped out another little green thing out of the green thing and pressed down with it on the center of the bottle. Then a little marble came down and it started fizzing.

"Fucking Japan Oh my god." I muttered and grabbed the green thing from the floor.

Once I got it open I took a sip and it tasted like a weak lemonade with bubbles. It didn't taste bad, but I'm not sure if I like it or not.

"You look confused." Wendy chuckled.

"I am." I said and took another sip, liking the drink much better.

"Better?" She asked.
"Better." I said.

Wendy sat by me on the couch, sat criss cross, and we started sorting through her change, putting the occasional bill in an empty can,

"While I was in the coma, I heard y'all talking to me, to eachother. You said that mom came by. Since she had been on my emergency contact. Why didn't you tell me when I woke up?" She asked, throwing a hand full of penny's into their designated bowl.

"Because she was there for five seconds. I didn't want to get your hopes up." I said.

"Yeah. I guess you're right. It was also weird, y'know, dying and all. I saw flashback after flashback of my life. But it was all with you. Every waking moment. Then, when the final one came to play. They all went in reverse. And then I woke up." She said, picking through her handful of coins.

"Please don't talk about this. Let's think of something lighthearted." I said.

"Hey. Remember that time you dropped your pick in your acoustic and then Alex said you were looking to loose your virginity that night and said you had a thing for Asians?" Wendy asked.

"Please no!" I yelled.

Just then, there was a knock at the door.

"I got it!" Wendy yelled, jumped over the back of the couch, and went to the door.

I heard the door open, Wendy gasped and I went to go check it out.

There stood all of the guys, their girls, and they each held a box. I knew exactly what was happening.

"What the hell is this?!" Wendy yelled.

"Come on out! We'll show you!" Alex yelled back.

Wendy went outside, mind you, barefoot and in the snow.

She walked to the guys and girls. Rian handed her his box and she lifted the lid.

"Wait. I'm so confused." She said.

She pulled out a tee shirt, a custom made one.

She went on to Cass.

Wendy lifted the lid and pulled out a CD case, gasped, almost burst into tears, and gave Cass a hug.

She moved onto Zack, lifted the lid to his box, she pulled out a container of guitar picks.

"I'm still hella confused." Wendy said and made us all laugh.

She went onto Lacy, Zack's girlfriend, and lifted the lid off her box. Wendy pulled out an envelope. She opened that, read what was on the paper, looked even more confused, then went onto Alex.

She opened his, let out a small shriek, and pulled out another CD case.

Then she moved onto Lisa. Wendy opened the lid and she pulled out a piece of paper.

"Wendy, read it to the class." Lisa said.

"To the dearest Wendy, we heard about your accident and decided on coming to see you! We've missed you so much! Signed, Panic! At The Disco." Wendy recited and a big, black SUV pulled to the curb.

"No fucking way." I heard Wendy say.

Then, five familiar faces came out of the car.

"Holy shit it's cold!" I heard Brendon yell.

"Uncle Brenny!" Wendy screeched and ran to him.

"Nugget!" Brendon yelled and opened his arms for the hug he was about to receive.