Chapter Twenty-Four

Jack's POV
(Trigger warning!!! Mentions of rape, domestic abuse and domestic violence. I'll put 🐍 in the beginning of the warning and a 🕊 at the end)
I couldn't believe it. There she was, standing right in front of me.

"You smell like the dumpster behind a liquor store." She weakly laughed.

"Oh my god." I said and pulled her into a tight hug.

And she started to cry. Which made me cry.

"Daddy. H-he used me. I should've listened to you and never ran out daddy I'm sorry." She sobbed.

"I'm just glad you're home safe. Should we go surprise everyone?" I asked, still clutching to my daughter.

"I just want to shower and snuggle with you." She said, looking up directly at me.

Her cheek was bruised, bottom lip swollen. Lips chapped.

"Of course. How about you get settled for a week before telling the guys you're home safe." I suggested and she immediately agreed.

"Will you sit with me in the bathroom while I shower?" She asked.

I nodded and walked with her to the bathroom.

She got undressed in the shower and tossed her clothes over the curtain.

The shower started up.

She must have been in the shower for about two hours.

I handed her a towel and left the bathroom.

When she finally came out, she was dressed in one of Alex's old Glamour Kills sweat pants and a 'Ryan Ross for President 2020' sweat shirt.

Her hair sopping wet, normally she blow dried it.

She looked so tired. Whatever happened while she was with Kyle, must have worn her physically, mentally, and emotionally. She's not the bright and happy girl I knew.

Wendy sat in her recliner.

"Oh I've missed this thing." She said.

I've missed my girl.

"Come sit with me." She yawned.

So I did. I sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm never letting you go." I whispered.

After about five minutes, she fell asleep. And was asleep for almost two days.

Only waking up to eat.

When she woke up for a whole day, I decided to have the guys over.

"Should we make it like an early Christmas present?" I asked.

"Yeah. Get a really big box and wrap it, but keep it empty. I'll be in my room or something and tell them to go in and get something for you. Or get a really long box with the big box and wrap that one too and have them bring it out, but I'll be in it." She said, eating a bowl of cereal.

"Okay. I'll go to UPS or something. I'll be right back." I said.

Ten minutes later, our plan was executed.

I texted the guys for them to come over.

"Jack? You okay?" Rian asked.

"I'm great." I smiled.

"Any leads on Wendy yet?" Lisa asked.

I shook my head no.

"We'll find her soon buddy." Zack said, pulling me into a hug.

"You don't smell like a liquor store anymore." He added.

"I've got a present for all of you. We'll call it an early Christmas Present." I said and gestured to the giant box to the left of me.

They all looked at me weirdly, but started opening the box anyway.

"A spatula? Really?" Alex said, holding the one thing I put in the box up.

"Yeah. Because you're going to flip when I get you your actual present." I said, winking and pointing some finger guns.

Which got a collective groan.

"You have to go get it out of Wendy's room though. Just be careful, it's fragile." I said.

They all went into her room and got the long and wide box, covered in mis-matched wrapping paper.

"This thing took forever to get here so you better fucking like it." I said.

So they unwrapped this box.

Before I put Wendy inside it and wrapped it, I cut out a hole big enough for her to step through.

And when they finished unwrapping the box.

"Jack. You're shitting me." Alex said, who was the first one to see inside the box.

"HOLY SHIT!! Wendy!" Lisa screamed and she yanked Wendy out of the box.

"Hey auntie Lisa." Wendy said.

All Lisa could do was cry as everyone else pulled into a group hug.

And all was right in my little world.

Wendy's POV

As Lisa and everyone else held me, I've never felt more safe. My big, crazy family is my home. Not with Kyle.

"What happened? Were you hurt?" Alex asked as everyone pulled away.
🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍
"Emotionally, physically, mentally. I ran to Kyle's house after I argued with dad. Kyle's mom worked at night, which was when Kyle and I would get wasted. But a couple months into that, this was probably a year into me being gone, I woke up. Overly hungover, sore. Below the belt sore.

I probably thought it was pre-menstrual cramps and it was nothing. This went on for weeks, until his mom caught h-him. H-he r-raped me. I had bruises in between my legs for days.

He would choke me and say that I was a worthless piece of shit. I should've come home sooner but every time I tried to leave he's catch me and he'd cut me and tell me if I'd escape he'd tell everyone that I came into him and raped him. I finally got away from him.

I swung a bottle at the back of his head and ran like hell." I said, sobbing.
🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊
(Welcome back frens)

I could feel both dad and Alex getting physically angry.

"Don't do that thing where you two get protective and never let me leave the house again." I chuckled.

"Should we have a sleepover?" Alex asked, getting overly excited.

"Why the fuck not." Dad said.

And we spent the entire weekend together, watching Disney movies, playing games.

"Hey dad? Do you need to like, call a news crew or something to let legit everybody know I'm okay?" I asked through a mouthful of ice cream.

"Shit you probably right. I'll do it later though." He answered, concentrating on his game of go fish with Rian.