Twenty Seven

A month has passed, Dad and Andie are still going strong.

"Dad. I can't pack when you're taking stuff out of my suitcase." I said, grabbing the tee shirts he took out of my bag.

"I don't want you to go! Who will make me dinner when I burned ours?" He whined, now pulling socks out of the bag.

"I gave Andie the run down. I'll be back before you know it!" I said, putting the socks back in my suitcase.

"Fine. But you're taking a pair of my sweats and a shirt and the hat that you like." Dad said, running out of my room.

He ran back in, with just the sweats and a shirt.

"I forgot you stole the hat already." He said, handing me the clothes.

"Thanks." I said.

"I sprayed them with my cologne." He said.

"So I won't wash them." I said, finishing his sentence. "I'll wear them on the plane." I added.

After I finished packing, I grabbed a backpack or two and put in my plane essentials. My laptop, camera (both digital and Polaroid), a blanket that smells like Dad (hint: it smells like his cologne, whiskey and vanilla), my special pillow that I got after the accident, and some other stuff I can do on the plane.

I leave on Friday.

I'm so excited, nervous. Every emotion, that's what I am.

It's going to be like a two-ish hour flight.

My ticket came in the mail today.

"I don't want you to leave." Dad said, giving me a hug.

"I know." I answered.

He let me go and I zipped my backpacks up.

"Do you have everything? What about Doggers? Is he going with you?" Dad asked, holding up my stuffed German Pointer.

Dad gave him to me when I first came to live with him.

"Yes, Doggers is going with me, he's just staying on my bed because I don't want him to suffocate and die." I said.

It's the morning of my flight. I'm making sure I have everything.

Dad's sulking around the house, getting ready and whatnot.

"I still don't want you to leave. I just got you back." He mumbled.

"I know. I'll be back before you know it."

And we left. It's a half hour drive to the airport and I board in an hour.

"I love you." Dad said, helping me with my bags.

"I love you too." I answered, putting on a backpack and grabbing the other one.

We got into the airport, dad helped me check in.

"This is it. I'll see you in two months." He said.

"See you in two months. I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said and pulled me into a hug.

"Okay. I've got to go. See you later." I said, pulling away.

"See you later. Promise to call?" He asked.

"Always."

Fin.

Thank you everyone for reading and voting and giving me a chance. I'll be updating older stories before publishing the first chapters of the sequel. Thanks y'all!!! It's been a pleasure writing for y'all and all that. You guys mean the world to me and I can't thank you enough. Now, more chapters will be coming from my other sequel 'My Band Family' and 'Living With My Brother' so be prepared for those!! Much Love- Madi ❤️❤️