Chapter Ten

Jack's POV

It's been about a week since everyone joined Wendy for her dance thing, and I will say, it was really fun.

But this morning, Amy was out of town for the week, and Wendy is still secluded in her room.

I hear her getting up in the middle of the night, which is something she never does, and I hear her crying.

Which is what she's doing right now.

So, I got up from my bed and walked across the hall to her room. I opened the door to find her with her lamp on and she's just sitting there, bawling her eyes out. 

"Oh honey." I said. She snapped her head up and stared at me. I walked to her bed and sat next to her, throwing my arm over her shoulders.

"What's wrong kiddo?" I asked.

"Everything. Everything is wrong. Lucas hates me, everyone at school hates me, hell. Even my own mother hates me." She rambled. Just as I was about to speak she continued. "You wanna know what I was told today? That I was worthless and that I shouldn't deserve to live. And that I wouldn't do anything with my life and that I can't because I fail every test and I forget to turn in homework. Dad. I'm a failure." She sobbed.

"Honey. You're not worthless and you sure as hell are not a failure. In my book, you have never failed anything. Except for that one birthday cake but we're not gonna touch that subject." I said, making her chuckle.

"Who cares if Lucas hates you. You've got us. Who cares if everyone else hates you, you've got us. Your mom doesn't hate you. If she did, she would've given you to me right when you were born, or you would've been put in an orphanage. But thank the gods you weren't." I said.

"I love you so much. And don't you ever forget it." I mumbled and kissed her head.

"I love you too." She mumbled and laid her head on my bare chest, her head covering the Jack Skellington tattoo like it did all those years ago.

I didn't sleep that night. I just laid there, running my hand through her hair.

The next morning when she woke up we both laid in her bed for about thirty more minutes.

"Why didn't you sleep last night?" Wendy asked.

"Because. I wanted to make sure you were okay." I said, stifling a yawn.

"Dad. Go to bed. Remember, you're supposed to meet uncle Alex, Rian, and Zack at the studio after I get home from school. Alex said he needed a female backup, although I don't know why Zack can't do it." She rambled, digging through her closet.

"You should wear that black skater skirt Lisa got you." I mumbled, climbing under her grey comforter.

"Dad? Does this look okay?" She asked.

I lifted my head off her pillow and looked at her. She looked stunning. Her long hair was in a 'Viking Braid' as she and Lisa called it. Three sections, the top section is a loose French braid, the two side sections are tight Dutch braids that get tied off with a small clear elastic and get put into the French braid.

She's wearing black tights, the black skirt Lisa got her, a Nirvana smile shirt tucked into the skirt, a cardigan sweater in the color maroon, and a pair of ankle boots.