Chapter Twenty Six

Dad and I never strayed too far from each other. Ever.

If he was in the kitchen, so was I. If I was in my room, he was laying there right next to me.

I'm pretty sure nobody has this relationship with their family, let alone their dad.

So, today. Dad and I went out for lunch, then we'd head over to Lisa and Alex's place. Like we did every Sunday afternoon.

While walking, since our favorite place wasn't too far, Dad bumped into someone.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry." Dad apologized.

"Oh, it's okay. I wasn't paying attention anyways." The girl said.

She's really pretty.

"Hey, we were about to go for lunch, wanna join? I'm sure my dad won't mind." I said.

"That'd be nice. I'm Andie." She said.

"I'm Wendy, that's my dad Jack." I said, and we started walking.

And we all got along quite well. She and Dad had some things in common. She and I had some things in common.

And guess what. Andie and dad are going on a date tonight.

"I'm being serious! Which shirt compliments the blue streak in my hair?" Dad asked, holding up a grey shirt and a black shirt up to his head.

" Ugh. You're such a woman. The grey one." I answered, then grabbed a pair of black jeans for him and paired it with a pair of red vans.

"Can you just dress me professionally?" He asked as he switched the nirvana shirt he was wearing to the grey one.

I laughed a bit and rolled my eyes.

"You need to get dressed! You've got to pick her up in half an hour! Go go go!" I yelled.

I walked out of the room so he could change and I could start myself some dinner.

Just some mushrooms and eggs on toast. Nothing major. Just delicious.

"Wendy, I don't know. Do I look okay?" Dad asked, coming into the kitchen.

"You look great dad! But, you'd look even better with that leather jacket you stole from Alex that one time." I said, looking him over before slicing my mushrooms.

"Good point!" He said and ran off to his room again.

"And grab those black aviators you got from Lisa that one Christmas!" I yelled again.

He came back out, jacket on and sunglasses propped on the top of his head.

"Yes. Slay, I love it." I said.

"Oh shut up. You know you look great too, you always do. You got the pretty genes from me." He said.

"Oh please. I look awful almost twenty four seven." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"And you have to go pick your date up. Like now. Chop chop wickey wickey." I added.

"Chop chop wickey wickey?" Dad asked, grabbing his keys.

"Yeah, its Wendy-ian for you better hurry the fuck up. I love you, see you later! Be you, have fun, not too much I'm not ready for a sibling." I said, giving him a hug.

He laughed and returned the hug. He kissed the top of my head and was on his way, just as my dinner was done.

I ate my dinner alone. It was weird, it's always loud around here. But is so, quiet.

So, when I finished eating, I grabbed my shoes and jacket then went to go see Lisa and Alex.

On the walk, I listened to some music. My dads band, Dallon's new band. All sorts of stuff.

It weird walking alone too. It's been months since I've seen him and I try not to let it get to me. But since it happened, I've been so paranoid.

As I finally rounded the corner to the Gaskarth home, I sprinted there. I was on the verge of an anxiety attack.

I let myself in, like always, and found Lisa and Peyton sitting on the couch.

"Hey Lisa!" I said, hopping over the back of the couch and laying down with my head in her lap.

"Hey kiddo. Where's your dad?" She asked, running her fingers through my hair.

"He has a date tonight." I answered.

"Hey Wendy! Where's Jack ?" Alex asked, coming from the kitchen.

"On a date." I answered.

"With who?" Alex asked.

"Some girl named Andie, we met her today after Dad bumped into her, literally, and knocked her onto her ass." I answered, scrolling through my phone.

"He tell you where they were going?" He asked, lifting my feet, sitting down, and putting my feet back.

"The pier. And before you ask, no. We're not going to spy on them." I said and Alex muttered a 'damnit'

At The Gaskarth home, we watched movies and ate ice cream and everything is worry-free.