Chapter Twenty Five

Dad called the news/police and told them I was home safe.

"You know. I've been thinking. Do you still want to play piano?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, kinda." I shrugged.

"I'll fly you out to Brendon and Sarah. I think you need a break after what happened." He said, throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Really? When?" I asked.

"In about a month. I still wanna see you all the time before you go for the summer." He said and kissed my head.

The two of us sat on the couch for a while. Watching TV.

"Hey. Wanna have a dance party? Just the two of us?" Dad asked.

"Heck yeah."

And we did. We danced to everything. I taught Dad the dance I did with my former dance partner Lucas to the song Let It Go by James Bay.

And for a guy, who's favorite 'dance' is twerking. He did pretty good.

"Holy shit I'm tired." Dad said, sweating profusely.

"Really? I'm fine." I said.

"Okay show off. You want food? I'm hungry." Dad said.

"I want nugs!" I yelled.

And so we had nugs. And Mac and cheese.

We ate them in dad's bed, watching movies.

"Dad, can we watch Jenna Marbles now? I'm tired of watching movies and I need to catch up on her videos. I'm a year behind, in case you haven't noticed." I said.

And so we watched Jenna Marbles, her boyfriend Julien, Ad their hamster, Marbles, Peach, and Kermit all night. I could have never been happier.