Chapter Eleven

Wendy's POV

Lisa and I got to the stables and rode the horses for a couple hours.

We started to head back to the house when it got dark. Who knows what or who is on those trails.

After we put the horses up and got their tack off, Lisa headed into the house where we found the guys all gathered in the kitchen. Each one with a beer in their hand.

"Dad, can I talk to you outside for a minute?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." He said and grabbed his beer from the counter.

We walked out of the back door and sat at the small sitting area around the fire pit.

"So. I've been thinking. I think I want to do homeschool." I said.

"Okay. Give me at least three good reasons why you want to do this." Dad said.

"Um. Okay. Well, for starters I get really distracted in class, I work better with quiet background noise. Not a bunch of loud sexually frustrated teenagers. Second, I'm failing most of my classes. And finally, Lisa is willing to teach me." I said.

"Well. How about you finish this year, then we'll get you some books for next year. You've only got about a month left in this school year, I think you can do it." Dad said.

"What if I get held back?" I asked.

"Then you can do the whole year over in homeschool. If you don't do your work, you're going back to an actual school." Dad said.

"Okay. Thank you." I sighed and hugged him.

"You're welcome. Now let's go inside it's cold." Dad said.

We got back in the house and talked with everyone.

Dad had one too many beers so we're staying here for tonight because I'm not allowed to drive past nine at night, and it's midnight.

"Okay dad. It's time for bed, if you stay up any later you're gonna regret it." I said and helped Dad into my room.

"Okay. Let's see what I have that'll fit you. We're both around the same size." I mumbled to myself while Dad was jumping on the bed singing One Direction, badly.

I dug through my dresser at Alex and Lisa's and pulled out a pair of Alex's old sweats.

"Here Directioner, put these on. Go to bed." I said and chucked the sweats at his face, which caused him to dramatically fall over.

"Wendyyyyyy!" Dad whined, the whole time he was putting the pants on.

"What?" I asked, pulling out clothes for myself.

"I think Amy is cheating on me." He sighed.

"What makes you think that?" I asked, slipping my shirt off.

"Well she's always telling someone on the phone that she loves them and that she'd see them soon. And it's always at the same time too. Five thirty, every night." He said. He sounded like he was gonna cry.

"Then this week, she said she was going to Canada for the week and I know she doesn't know anyone who lives in Canada." He said.

"Well, if she is. It's her loss. You're a great guy." I said and slid on my sweats. Lisa and Alex always keep the house cold, even in the winter. It's weird.

"I'm gonna go down and get you some water." I said and exited the room.

I walked to the kitchen and saw Lisa at the sink doing dishes.

"I thought you went to bed." She said.

"I just put Dad to bed. The sooner he went to bed the better he'd feel in the morning. I just came down to get him a glass of water." I said and reached to grab a plastic cup.

"Hey. When you get that to Jack, come back down here. I wanna talk with you." Lisa said, rinsing a plate and putting it in the drying rack.

"Okay." I said and walked back to the room dad was now passed out in.

I set the cup on the night stand and walked back to the kitchen.

"What'd you want to talk about?" I asked, sitting beside Lisa on the island counter.

"Your life, your dad. What's happening at school. We haven't had time to ourselves in a while. Plus, we can stay up all night. School is canceled. Teacher in service." Lisa said and handed me a mug.

The contents smelled like tea. But it's color was the color of milk.

"I mean not much is happening in my life. School is okay. I don't have many friends, I quit dance, I started playing some instruments. Umm. I still don't like Amy that much. Something is off about her. She just doesn't seem...right. Sometimes she's oddly quiet and that's something that worries me. And god, I don't know what dad's gonna do. Ever since he's been with her he hasn't been himself and if she breaks up with him he's gonna be a mess." I said.

"Baby. Your father is a mess. He hasn't dated anyone since your mom, but god knows what happened to her. We all liked your mom, we really did. We just don't know what happened to her." Lisa said.

"To be honest, I don't really care. Yeah she's my mom, but she left me. She left me with a lanky guy who is apparently my dad, which I see the resemblance have you seen the two of us together? And even if she comes and says she wants me back, I'm not gonna go with her. I have all the family I need with me here." I said, sipping my tea.

"Anywho, you dating anyone? Any bitches I need to kill for you?" Lisa asked.

I tried so hard not to burst into laughter because of how nonchalant she asked that question.

"Lisa! No you don't need to 'kill any bitches' for me. And second, nope! No guy. No girl. Nobody. Single god damn Pringle." I said.

"Would you want a boyfriend though?" She asked.

"Well I mean. I would be nice. I don't want Alex or Dad or the others to take me to another school dance. I mean I didn't mind when the did the first times, that was really sweet of them. But I think the only dance that dad should go to, is a father daughter dance." I said.

"You know what. Let's do something for the two of us tomorrow. Let's give you a whole new look." Lisa said.

Crap.... This is gonna be fun...