Chapter Twenty-Three

Wendy's POV

'Where were you?"

Aw shit.

"Funny story. Uhh." I said, trying to find a nice excuse.

"Am I going to have to put locks on your windows?" Dad asked.

"You can't do that!" I yelled.

"And why can't I? My house, I'll do whatever the hell I want to it!" He yelled back.

"You're such an asshole! I hate you!" I yelled.

I stormed out of my room, pushing past dad who was at the door way, and out of the front door.

I didn't know where I was going, but I went.

This isn't fair. He's being an ass over nothing.

I'm not a kid anymore.

And before I knew it, I was at Kyle's house.

His mom was outside, weeding her rose garden. Which was honestly stunning.

"Hey Mrs.Gaines. How do you get your rose bushes so lush and full?" I asked, walking up the driveway.

"Hey Wendy! Used coffee grounds, works like a charm! Kyle's in the kitchen." She said and I yelled a thank you as I went inside.

To the left of the foyer was the kitchen.

And there Kyle stood, in his shirtless glory. Drinking a cup of coffee. 

"Well hey there." He chuckled.

"Dad's pissed." I said, sitting at the counter.

"What happened?" He asked, pouring me some coffee.

"When I snuck back through the window he was at my door way. He threatened to put a lock on my window." I sighed, grabbing the mug he handed me.

"You've gotta be rebellious once in your life. He's just gotta deal with it." He shrugged and sat beside me.

I ended up staying at Kyle's house for two weeks.

Only going home through my window to get more clothes.

I was afraid to face my father.

But what's the point, he hasn't even bothered to come look for me.

Months went by without seeing my dad.

But today, Kyle told me something.

"Uh babe. Your face is all over the news." He said, walking into his house one day.

You see, I haven't really gone outside except for at night. I haven't even been to school.

"What?" I asked.

And then he turned on the TV.

Chanel 12, 10, and 5. All broadcasting my 'disappearance'.

"Please. Anybody. If you've seen my baby girl, bring her home. And Wendy, if you're watching this. Come home." Dad said, almost sobbing, before Alex pulled him to his chest.

"Any details in regards to finding Wendy Barakat will be on our news page. Wendy has light brown hair, brown eyes, is five foot eleven, about one hundred and forty five pounds." The news caster said.

"Are you going to go see him?" Kyle asked.

"No." I said.

That sounds like a really dick move, but in still mad at him. Yeah it's been months. But I can hold a grudge for forever.

"Let's get wasted." He said.

And boy will I regret that, for the rest of my life.

Jack's POV

It's been months since my baby girl went missing.

And as each day went by, I got more worried. And the more worried I got, the more I drank.

I woke up with hangovers nearly every day.

Until just a couple months later, a year after Wendy being gone. There was a small knock on the front door.

I went to open it and when I did. I was honestly shocked. Shook as the kids say, shooketh if you wanna be Shakespeare about it.

"Wendy?"