Chapter Twenty

"Hey dad?" Wendy asked.

It's Saturday, we're having lunch with Rian and Cass.

"Yeah." I said, putting six ketchup-coated fries into my mouth.

"Kyle invited me to a party tonight, can I go?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said.

"Baby, lemme back you up on this. Jack. You've gone to so many parties when you were her age. Let her go to this one." Rian said.

"But. But she's my baby. This means she's gonna get a boyfriend and have babies and get married. This means she's growing up." I said.

"Whoa. First, no kids. Probably never getting married. I'll be emo and single forever. Just like my father." She said sarcastically.

"If I say yes to this. You've gotta promise me the following things. No drinking, no drugs, no grinding, no thrusting, no body shots off of you or any other body. If I find out that you broke one of these promises. You're grounded for two weeks. No phone, no seeing friends after school." I said.

"Okay. Promise." She said and held out both of her pinkies. She means business when she double pinkie swears.

"Cass. Wanna help me get ready?" She asked, and Cass nodded enthusiastically.

Rian hung out with me while Cass helped Wendy get ready.

When she came out, she was wearing what she would normally wear to school. But for some reason, it looked different.

She's wearing a baggy grey sweater and a pair of shorts with a pair of sandals.

Her hair, lightly curled. And her makeup was done flawlessly.

"Kyle said he's on his way now." Wendy said.

And just then, there was a knock on the door.

"Curfew is at midnight. Have fun, not too much fun." I said and stood from the couch to hug her before she left.

"Okay." She said and let go of me.

Wendy's POV

Kyle and I left for the party, which was a couple blocks away from both of our houses so we decided to walk.

"So. How may rules did your dad make before he let you out?" He asked.

"Like seven." I said and then my phone dinged.

Dad: oh! I forgot something. Please come home a virgin.

"Make that eight." I added, after replying to dad.

"What are the rules?" He asked, looking at me.

"Um. No drinking, no drugs, no grinding, no thrusting, no body shots off me or taking body shots, curfew is at midnight. And I just got one that says come back a virgin." I said.

"Wow. So, you're not gonna have any fun, are you?" Kyle said.

"I'll have my fun, you have yours." I said.

He laughed a bit and we continued to walk in comfortable silence to this party.

When we got there, I could already tell this wasn't my thing. I can handle all kinds of music. But this was some awful shit. It's today's 'rap' not good 90s rap.

We walked in, and drinks were shoved into our hands.

My first thought was to smell it, because I've sniffed various forms of alcohol.

This, smelled sweet. So, I drank it. And I was handed another.

After a couple hours, I was giggly and dancing with anybody I came in contact with.

"Wendy Ann Barakat." I heard.

And that sobered me up really quick.

Music stopped, people quit talking. Complete silence.