Chapter 5

"Miss Y/N!, Loki says after the class has ended. "May I have a word with you". You freeze and look at your friends. "Go ahead, I'll catch up with you later", you say to them. "Ooo, someone's been a bad student", they say and giggle before they leave. "You have no idea", you think to yourself and turn to face the professor. "Yes?", you say as you approach him. "Miss... I don't know how to tell you this... But I... I know what's going on", he says and looks at you. "I'm not quite following", you say. "In that head of yours. I know what's going on in that head of yours!", Loki says. You swallow. "You do?", you ask while your cheeks flush and change into a very dark shade of red. "Yes, I've known all along", he says and sigh. "But... How?", you ask. You start to look around the room, looking for a way out. "There is no way out", Loki says and makes the door behind you close and lock. "Shit!", you think to yourself. "You can say that again", Loki says and tries to smile. "Please, sit", he points a hand towards your desk. You sit down, and so does he. "I... At first I thought it was cute, flattering. A student having a crush on her teacher and all. And that's all I thought it was; a crush. But your mind and all your fantasies... They're like an obsession. And they are so... I can't concentrate anymore. And as a teacher I need to concentrate. This lustful mind of yours... I...", he looks at you.

"If I knew you could read my mind, I would never have imagined such things in your class", you say. "I feel so embarrassed", you look down. "You don't have to be embarrassed. A young woman your age, it's perfectly natural to have such things on her mind. And I wouldn't mind, if I didn't know. But I do, and it gotta stop", Loki keeps staring at you. "Yes... But", you stutter. "You're a student, I'm a teacher, this kind of thing is forbidden. You know that. I know that. This... Whatever you think this is... It's not gonna happen".

"But you don't even know me!", you say, tears pressing on. "And you don't know me. And I'd like to keep it that way. Please, just... I am flattered, truly I am. But that's all I am, and can be. I'm not allowed to... To give you any hope in that department", Loki's eyes are staring a hole in you. "Please, just... Just hear me out, give me a chance. I didn't know you'd find out this way", you plead. "And when were you planning on telling me?", Loki asks. "I don't know. Not now, not like this", you say. "Well, I think it's better to end this delusion you have", Loki starts saying. "I'm not delusional, I'm in love", tears run down your face. "Trust me, you don't want to love a man like me", Loki says. "That's not for you to decide", you say and get up. "I wanna go now", you start walking towards the door. He unlocks it and you leave, choked up on tears and overwhelming sadness.