Chapter 32

Some weeks go by, and you're closing in on Christmas. Your relationship with Loki is beyond perfect, and you're so happy with everything. Hiding out, meeting on secret locations and spending the weekends in the cottage... It's like everything is going too well, and that can't be all good? Can it?

You're sitting on the floor reading a book, waiting for Loki. You've found another place to hide out as well, to mix it up, and making your forbidden relationship kinda safer, as you got two places to meet. Suddenly Loki arrives, with a very sad look on his face. You drop the book and stand up to meet him. "Darling, what's the matter?" you ask. He looks at you, his eyes all blank. "It's my mother, she's very ill". Tears start to run down his cheeks. You tear up as well. You don't know what to say, so you embrace him, and hug him tight. "I'm so sorry", you say. "I have to leave", Loki says. "I have to look after her. I don't think I can cure her, but I wanna be by her side if she's to leave this world soon". "I understand. Yes, you must. It's important that you stand by her", you say and try to smile. "I'll be here waiting for your return". "I love you so much", Loki says. "You've been my beacon of light this school year, I don't know what I would have done without you". "Same here", you say. "Thanks to you this has been my best year at Hogwarts ever", you smile. Loki leans in to kiss you. His lips are sultry, seeking comfort in every kiss. You stand there for a long time, just holding on to each other. Then you ask a question you kinda already know the answer to: "When are you leaving?". "Tomorrow morning", Loki says. You sigh with relief. You thought he was leaving the very same night. "Then we can be together for some hours more", you say. "I'm afraid not", Loki's lips turn sour. "My sudden, but foreseen, departure requires some organization. Professor Snape will step in when I'm gone, and I need to go over a few things with him". "Oh", you say. "I totally understand", you try to act cool, but deep inside you feel your heart breaking and are sad to see him go, though he needs to. "Act cool all you want", Loki says. "But I know what's going on inside here". Loki pokes a finger against your head. "My heart is breaking up too". Loki hugs you, and you grab hold of him. "I'll miss you like crazy", you say. "I'll miss you too", Loki kisses your forehead. "But soon there's Christmas, and you'll go home and see your family. Next year will come sooner than you know, and then I'll be here", Loki smiles. "You'll always be here", you say and place a hand over your heart. "Same", Loki says, his eyes sparkling with love and tears at the same time. Tears stream down your face as you hug and kiss till it's time for Loki to leave. "Take care of yourself", Loki says. "You too, and your mother", you look into his eyes. He kisses you one more time. "Bye for now", Loki says and turns to leave, his hand slowly slipping out of yours. "Bye", you manage to say before you choke up on tears.