Chapter 38

"No, no, no!!! It cannot be!!", you shout to yourself. "No, no, no", tears run down your face. "No. No. No".

Christmas break is over, and you're back at Hogwarts. You kling to your new, beautiful necklace as you sink down towards the floor. You're alone in the girl's bathroom. You've just taken a test. And it's positive.

You're late, and have been so for two weeks, waiting to get your monthly, red vistor, but it never came. And now you know why. Afraid to take the test at home, you waited till you were back at school. As you look down on the stick of doom, you're overwhelmed by all kinds of feelings. Anger, sadness, some joy, and a ton of nerves. Now what?

You hide the stick in one of the toilets' tanks. You don't know how to tell the news to your friend, but at least you can show her. This is simply too much to carry all to yourself. Loki's not back yet, and he won't be before some weeks into the new year. You can't just write him, telling him that you're carrying his child. That your forbidden realtionship has resulted in something you can't keep secret till the end of the school year. That you're screwed.

Your friend opens the lid to the toilet tank. You've sent her to the bathroom. She looks at the stick floating in the water. "Shit!", she says and puts the lid back.

"How are you gonna tell him?", your friend asks when you're alone in the bedroom. "I don't know. As soon as I can, before he reads my mind. I want him to hear it, not see it in my head", you say and tilt your neck back, looking up at the ceiling. "How could I let this happen? Why did I listen to the silly commands of my heart?". "Your heart? Girl, I think another part of you caused this", your friend smirks. "I know, I know", your force a smile. "How far are you?", your friend asks. "Almost a month. It must have happened the night before he left", you answer. "It's all my fault". "I though you were on the pill", your friend says. "I am, was, I'll stop taking them now that I know that I am... You know", you say and cross your arms over your belly. "But it's all my fault. We had said our goodbyes, we had parted, accepted that we wouldn't be seeing each other before after the holidays. But silly me, I had to go see him. I had to have him. One more time.", you sigh. "Was it worth it?", your friend smirks again. "Seriously, you need to get a boyfriend. I can't feed you with my dirty deeds", you laugh. "Oh, come on, just this once. One more time", your friend pleads. "All right, all right! Yes, god yes, it was worth it. So worth it. He's...", you take a deep breath. "He's perfect, every inch of him".