Chapter 17

You wake up, not knowing what time it is. Judging from the darkness outside, you guess it's still nighttime. You're a lone, Loki's in the room next door. He was the one who suggested that you'd sleep in seperate bedrooms, at least til you actually have had sex. You toss and turn before you decide to look at the clock. It's 04.00 A.M. You get out of bed and step out of your room. You look at Loki's bedroom door, reach out a hand to open it, but stop. "Come in", you hear a voice in your head say. You smile and open the door. Loki's awake. "I guess you don't take no for an answer". You can tell by the way he said it that he's amused with you. "Guess not", you say and walk over to him. It's very dark, but you have no trouble finding the way into his bed. "I just want to sleep by your side", you say. "All right", Loki says and wraps his arms around you. He kisses your shoulder and leans his head against yours. "Good night", you say. "Good night", Loki says and then you both fall asleep.

"How do you like your eggs?", Loki asks. You have just woken up and tumbled yourself into the kitchen. "Uhmmm... Sunny side up", you say and smile. Loki smiles too and cracks an egg into the pan. You sit down by the table and he pours you a glass of orange juice. "Slept well?", he asks. "The best!", you say. "I must admit, it was kinda nice to have you sleeping by my side", Loki says. "It feels so forbidden, yet so good", he smirks. "Yes, it does", you look at him and smirk too. "I've always been the one to do mischief", he says. "I've always done something I'm not allowed to. It's more fun to live like that, on the edge". "I know what you mean", you say. "Though, I can't say I've rebelled that much. But I'm the black sheep of me and my sister. She's been so perky and angelic all her life, and I've been the family's outcast. But here at Hogwarts it's hard to stand out. When you're among other witches and wizards, it's hard make a name for yourself, we're all learning the same stuff and fighting for the same cause". "Yes, but fear not, your time will come when the great clan of magic will know your name", he smiles. "You think so?", you ask. "Oh, yes, very much so. But what you want to be known for is up to you". You think hard. Loki laughs. "You don't have to decide what that "for" is today. You got plenty of time".