f o u r

4|"aren't you safe now?"

I groaned when i heard the alarm ringing. It keeps ringing until i turned it off. I got up, still dozing off. I finally got up from my bed when i finally got my senses back.

I went downstairs and sat on the couch. "Oh? Good morning noona." My head shot up amd turned my head towards that voice. "Jisung? You woke up early?" I yawned.

"yup. I'm going to take Mocha for a walk. I'll see you later noona." Then he left. Did i woke up too early?

"Well someone's early today." I turned my head to see Chenle with his matching pajamas. It's cute tho.

I rolled my eyes. Chenle went to sit beside me with his hot chocolate. "Mum always said, start your day with a hot chocolate." He smiled.

I kept yawning. "Well, nana always said that i can sleep whenever i want." I smiled. "I never said that." We both turned our heads to Jaemin with a mug on his hand.

"What?" I asked. "I never said that you can sleep whenever you want." He furrowed his eyebrows and sit across me and Chenle.

"Well, nana said that to me, not you."

"I am Nana." He raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked, completely confused by his statement. "You know what, nevermind." I said.

They're drinking their hot chocolate in silent. It's not awkward tough. It's just, too silent.

And then a thought make it into my head. "I'm going to the public library. If mum and dad are looking for me. I'll be at the public library alright?" They both nodded.

I smiled and got up from the couch. I went to my room to shower and change my clothes. After i've done taking a shower, i change my clothes into a white t-shirt with short overalls. After that, i went outside and walked to the library.

Soon, i arrived at the public library. I greeted the librarian. I took a random novel to read,well it's not random. It's that kind of book kids my age shouldn't read. I shrugged it and continue to read it anyway.

"Well well well. Didn't know you like that kind of novel."

I startled and immediately place my mini kinfe on, Chenle's neck? "Dude, what are you doing here?" I asked, whispering.

"Okay first of all, put that knife away from me. Second of all, i'm going to explain. Third of all, it's not just me." I furrowed my eyebrows.

He pointed his finger towards the two teenagers wearing a hoodie. "Stop acting you two." He rolled his eyes.

I'm not that surprised when the two teenagers showed their faces. It's the one and only Jaemin and Jeno. "And what are you guys doing here?" I crossed my arms.

They have no choice but to explain. "We're too desperate." Jeno said.

I raised my eyebrows. "Desperate for what?"

"For your daily activities. And now we know that you always bring your mini knife wherever you go." Chenle explained.

Then a hand made it to the back of his neck. "I know that feeling. It's terrifying." Jaemin said. I rolled my eyes. "So you guys basically stalking me?"

"Well we wouldn't call it stalking. We call it, admiring from afar." Jeno smiled.

•••

[ jaemin's pov ]

"She's a demon." Jeno's eyes are shaking.

"So that's what happened?" Mark said, treating Jeno's small scar. We nodded. "She's so scary." Chenle said.

"You guys look horrible. Like you always do." Donghyuck said, holding his laugh. "Yeah, we knew that. I shouldn't have come with you to the library if i knew this was going to happen." I said.

Chenle rolled his eyes. Donghyuck helped me treat my scar. "That must've hurt." Donghyuck said, looking at my scratched arm. "She's like a cat bro." I whispered.

"I'm home- whoa, what happened to you all?" Jisung widened his eyes after coming back from walking with Mocha. "Don't ask."

He laughed and sat beside Renjun.

"What was she doing anyway carrying that knife." Chenle rubbed his neck. I shrugged. "I've been wondering the same thing." I murmured.

"Hey kids, i'm home- oh dear lord, what happened to you all?" Mum said while cupping our face one by one. "We're trying to learn how to wrestle, mum. Don't worry." Jeno said.

"By beating each other out? You know i'm against that!" Mum burst out, angry. Me, Jeno, and Chenle looked down in shame.

We don't want to tell mom the truth or Eun will be in trouble. "Why didn't you stop them?" She turned her head to face the rest.

We all looked down. "You know what, nevermind. Clean all of your scars. If your dad know about this, he will ground you all." Mum stomped away to her room.

"Why didn't you tell her the truth?" Mark whispered. "Do you want Eun to get in trouble?" I whispered. "Fair enough." Donghyuck said.

[ Eun's pov ]

Did i beat them too much? It seems like it.

"Should i say sorry then?" I'm walking back and forth. "No. Of course not. They deserve it."

I sat on the edge of my bed. "But still. Wasn't it too harsh?" I said, nibbling on my nails. I groaned. "Fine, i'll make it up for 'em."

I took out a paper and write down a sorry letter. It sure is cliché, but i'll do it anyways.

After I was done writing it down, i decorate it with some stickers and stuff. I rolled it and tie it with a random ribbon.

I went outside of my room and went inside Jeno's room, Chenle's room, and last but not least Jaemin's room. I put the letter on their beds.

I went downstairs and greeted by a terrified looking boys. "god, you guys look horrible." I covered my mouth, holding my laugh.

"Yeah, wonder where i got it from." Jaemin sarcastically said. I rolled my eyes and sat beside Jisung. "It's your own fault."

"Why are you carrying a knife out there, Eun?" Renjun asked.

"It's my only source of defense when i'm still at the orphanage."

"Well aren't you safe now?" All the boys looking at me with full of expectations. I let out a sigh.

"maybe." I gave them a weak smile.